BCers in 2010 please enter...........

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I apologize in advance if there is a thread about this, I could not find it. :sad: So far it seems that VainJane, FilthyFresh, ThePerfectScore and I have BCed within the past week.

Please share your tips, and experiences thus far. My hair is currently 1/2" long and I CO-wash every other day with Suave. I use 3-4 drops of WGO and a quarter amount of Olive Oil by Organic Root Stimulator every other day as well. On the 5th of every month I plan on having my husband take pics so I can track my growth. In the second year, I will do it once a season.

Now that you BCed can you please share your regimen with us? TIA!

Ltown

Greyland
Congratulation Lucie on your bc and being natural.
I bc on 19 Jan 2010, I was snipping my relax ends throughout my transtion which was 15 mths. I prepoo with oils, ayurveda rinses and dc, leave in during my transition and still do. I've tried twist/braidout but have yet perfect the technique for my texture so I mostly bun. I have found that products that were fine with two texture are no longer good for my natural hair so I'm still trying out products.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
Congratulation Lucie on your bc and being natural.
I bc on 19 Jan 2010, I was snipping my relax ends throughout my transtion which was 15 mths. I prepoo with oils, ayurveda rinses and dc, leave in during my transition and still do. I've tried twist/braidout but have yet perfect the technique for my texture so I mostly bun. I have found that products that were fine with two texture are no longer good for my natural hair so I'm still trying out products.

Congratulations!!!! It's funny you mention the bold face text. I can only use the Aloe Vera when my hair is natural. I love the way it smells when I mix it with WGO! Heavenly!!!! :lick:

Has your family been supportive of your decision?

Iluvsmuhgrass

I BC'ed Tuesday. I'm still getting used to trying to be the Hair Whisperer. I made a whipped shea butter mix (tea tree, evoo, castor, and rosemary) and I put it on my scalp and hair. I've noticed my scalp is dry (as usual for this time of year) so I'm going to kick up the dc's and hot oil treatments. I'm still figuring out my hair and what it likes.

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
i don't have a reggie at all yet. this is my first day fully natural and i feel excited and overwhelmed. i can't wait to start trying new styles and finding what products work for me. this is gonna be so fun. and hopefully i won't come on here complainin all the time about how horrible wash day is. :lol:

Ltown

Greyland
Congratulations!!!! It's funny you mention the bold face text. I can only use the Aloe Vera when my hair is natural. I love the way it smells when I mix it with WGO! Heavenly!!!! :lick:

Has your family been supportive of your decision?

Great finding a product fast! I have to sales some of these products.

I live away from my family but they are mostly natural. I did persuade my sister to go natural so I've been supporting her long distance. DD is 15 she like it but definately don't want to go natural but I expect that she young.

Lucie

Dancin' on sunshine!
I BC'ed Tuesday. I'm still getting used to trying to be the Hair Whisperer. I made a whipped shea butter mix (tea tree, evoo, castor, and rosemary) and I put it on my scalp and hair. I've noticed my scalp is dry (as usual for this time of year) so I'm going to kick up the dc's and hot oil treatments. I'm still figuring out my hair and what it likes.

Congrats!!!! Girl, you're like a pharmacist, LOL! The last time I was natural, my hair loved the Olive Oil and it still does now. There's a woman on YT that uses the WGO/OO concoction that gave me the idea. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eXWve7pHqKo&feature=related

i don't have a reggie at all yet. this is my first day fully natural and i feel excited and overwhelmed. i can't wait to start trying new styles and finding what products work for me. this is gonna be so fun. and hopefully i won't come on here complainin all the time about how horrible wash day is. :lol:

I am happy for you. Hopefully, you and I can find a good regimen. I guess we have no choice but to become "temporary" PJ's for our newly natural hair. :look: :lachen:

Great finding a product fast! I have to sales some of these products.

I live away from my family but they are mostly natural. I did persuade my sister to go natural so I've been supporting her long distance. DD is 15 she like it but definately don't want to go natural but I expect that she young.

Yeah, when I was 15, I did a Halle cut but I wouldn't have thought to go natural. In time I am sure she will consider it. Good for you, for helping your sister!