Nexxus Humectin Users - Please Post Your Reviews Here

Isis

I was running low on my last supply of Humectress (original) and I finally decided to buy the Nexxus Humectin Extreme Moisture Conditioner to see how it compares to Humectress. The stylists I spoke to had not yet received feedback from anyone who has used this new Phyto Organics line.

My hair was also looking and feeling very dry and wispy (day 4 since washing) and I didn't moisturize before leaving, except for my ends (I don't forget my ends;) ). After buying it (only $6.50 for the smaller size), I went to the restroom at the store and applied just a little on my dry hair, even though it doesn't say to do so on dry hair on the label. My hair felt immediately soft and moisturized. More body too and it added shine! So far so good. :up: I haven't tried it yet after washing my hair but I'll post my results.

I was hesitant because of the added protein--organic quinoa protein and coconut milk. But it also contains Manuka honey, castor oil and some essential oils which added to the moisture and shine. The ingredients are similar to Humectress, it just has additional, natural ingredients. It says "extreme moisture conditioner" which could make it even better than Humectress, we'll see.

Please share your reviews on Humectin and other new Nexxus products.:)

camellia

I'm still using up my huge stockpile of the older Nexxus products, but I can tell you that the Phyto Organics line is really good. I use the Hydrus moisturizing shampoo and the Babassu Mud revitalizing treatment and they are both excellent.

I am interested in trying the "new" Humectress when I run out of the old stuff.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I'm w/Camellia, I have soo much of the old stuff I better not buy something new. But I can't wait to try it it sound good, and if it says extreme moisture, it must be something because humectress leaves my hair butter soft!

Isis

Thank you ladies for your replies. I had a lot of the old stuff too, still have my Nexxus shampoos. I noticed the Nexxus Phyto Organic products seem to cost less than the Nexxus in the drugstores.

Has anyone else tried Humectin besides me?

Isis

camellia said:
I'm still using up my huge stockpile of the older Nexxus products, but I can tell you that the Phyto Organics line is really good. I use the Hydrus moisturizing shampoo and the Babassu Mud revitalizing treatment and they are both excellent.

I am interested in trying the "new" Humectress when I run out of the old stuff.
Thanks for sharing this. I was looking at the Hydrus moisturizing shampoo to compare it to Therappe. I didn't notice the Babassu Mud though.

JazzyDez

Isis said:
I was running low on my last supply of Humectress (original) and I finally decided to buy the Nexxus Humectin Extreme Moisture Conditioner to see how it compares to Humectress. The stylists I spoke to had not yet received feedback from anyone who has used this new Phyto Organics line.

My hair was also looking and feeling very dry and wispy (day 4 since washing) and I didn't moisturize before leaving, except for my ends (I don't forget my ends;) ). After buying it (only $6.50 for the smaller size), I went to the restroom at the store and applied just a little on my dry hair, even though it doesn't say to do so on dry hair on the label. My hair felt immediately soft and moisturized. More body too and it added shine! So far so good. :up: I haven't tried it yet after washing my hair but I'll post my results.

I was hesitant because of the added protein--organic quinoa protein and coconut milk. But it also contains Manuka honey, castor oil and some essential oils which added to the moisture and shine. The ingredients are similar to Humectress, it just has additional, natural ingredients. It says "extreme moisture conditioner" which could make it even better than Humectress, we'll see.

:lachen:

Girl look at you....cant even hold back got to go to the store restroom to apply product! Sounds like something I would do :look:

Hey I will pick some of this stuff up since I love nexxus and I am almost out of humectress anyway. Just in time! I hope they have it at walmart.

Isis

JazzyDez said:
:lachen:

Girl look at you....cant even hold back got to go to the store restroom to apply product! Sounds like something I would do :look:

Hey I will pick some of this stuff up since I love nexxus and I am almost out of humectress anyway. Just in time! I hope they have it at walmart.
:lol: Hey, if it didn't work on my hair, I would know immediately and return it with a quickness! :lol:

Nexxus Phyto Organics line can only be purchased at salons that carry it. JC Penney's should have it. :yep:

seemegrow

The Theratin(Therappe) is very good. I wanted to try the Humectin but they were out of the smaller size at Penny's.

JazzyDez

Isis said:
:lol: Hey, if it didn't work on my hair, I would know immediately and return it with a quickness! :lol:

Nexxus Phyto Organics line can only be purchased at salons that carry it. JC Penney's should have it. :yep:

I see. I didnt realize it was part of the phyto line.

thats fine though because there are 2 jc penny's on my way home from work so I will try and pick some up sometime this week. the theratin sounds yummy too.

SNyeema

Isis said:

I live in the Washington DC metro area and bought the exact same conditioner, Nexxus Humectin Extreme Moisture Conditioner, from the beauty supply store. I also have the Shampoo and they both work well together. Leaves my hair VERY soft and moisturized. I use this on my daughter's hair as well. She's a natural 4A and I'm a relaxed 4B. I have the HUGE containers ($23 a bottle) and it's worth it. Won't be switching anytime soon.

CaramelPrincezz

I just got the Theratin from JC Penny's this weekend and used it and I love it. It smells great and it did leave it moisturized and soft. I'll have to go back and get the Humectin. Picture in my siggy and profile pic. This is my first Nexxus product.

AmyInAtl

Fermented grape extract. (Vitus vinifera)

Act by decreasing melanin production and lightening pigmentation.

AmyInAtl

Isis, I was looking up grapeseed extract, and I found this, among numerous other beneficial info abt it. I was surprised. Have you noticed yourself, producing less melanin, becoming lighter???http://www.theorganicpharmacy.com/about_ingredients.php?ingredientID=77

Ok, I did more research, they are not the same.

Grape seed extract

The seeds in grapes are known to contain procyanidolic oligomers, also known as PCOs. Researchers have concluded that PCOs strengthen blood vessels, and improve blood circulation. Grape seed extract may help slow aging, prevent heart disease, deter cancer, lessen allergy symptoms, and eye strain, and fight certain skin diseases. In recent studies grape extract has also been shown to lessen cellulite, and lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels. The use of grape seed extract is available in forms such as: liquid, tablet, and capsule. Grape seed extract has not yet been shown to have any negative effects on consumers.

Fermented grape extract- decreases melanin production and lightening pigmentation.

Guess it was a co-inky-dinky, lol. Interesting though.

Last edited:

JazzyDez

Okay I just bought the Theratin and Humectin from Penny's today. It was cheaper than I thought (around $11 each) plus they have a $10 off 30 purchase sale coupon!!!! (Hurry ladies, sale is only thru the Dec 8th) I decided to get Keracare Humecto which I've never tried to get me to $30.

Anyway I just washed and dc'd with the Theratin and Humectin and I AM IN LOVE!!! MY HAIR FELT SOOOOOOOOOOO SOFT! AND IT SMELLS SOOOOOOOOOO GOOD!! I like it better than the Humectress......I am airdrying overnight and if my hair still feels this good in the morning this is my new STAPLE! Thanks for the recomendation!!! :grin:

They even had a smaller sized bottle for $6.50 for those who just want to give it a try.

MissB

I should not have read this thread. I will have to pull out my old products and use them again. I have the Babassu Mud and the Hydruss Shampoo.

Thanks for the reviews on the new products!

Isis

Thank you for your reviews ladies!

I know now to get a larger size of Humectin next time. It smells so good and leaves my hair very soft and moisturized. :yep:

Thank you JazzyDez for the info about the sale! I totally forgot to mention it. Looks like you indulged yourself!:)

Isis

Grape seed extract is great for the immune system, keeping it strong and for our hair. Thank you for the posts.

The other stuff sounds like something else (something alcoholic?). I wonder who uses it if it lightens the skin pigmentation.

SophiaRose said:
Isis, I was looking up grapeseed extract, and I found this, among numerous other beneficial info abt it. I was surprised. Have you noticed yourself, producing less melanin, becoming lighter???http://www.theorganicpharmacy.com/about_ingredients.php?ingredientID=77

Ok, I did more research, they are not the same.

Grape seed extract

The seeds in grapes are known to contain procyanidolic oligomers, also known as PCOs. Researchers have concluded that PCOs strengthen blood vessels, and improve blood circulation. Grape seed extract may help slow aging, prevent heart disease, deter cancer, lessen allergy symptoms, and eye strain, and fight certain skin diseases. In recent studies grape extract has also been shown to lessen cellulite, and lower cholesterol and blood pressure levels. The use of grape seed extract is available in forms such as: liquid, tablet, and capsule. Grape seed extract has not yet been shown to have any negative effects on consumers.

Fermented grape extract- decreases melanin production and lightening pigmentation.

Guess it was a co-inky-dinky, lol. Interesting though.

JazzyDez

Isis said:
Thank you for your reviews ladies!

I know now to get a larger size of Humectin next time. It smells so good and leaves my hair very soft and moisturized. :yep:

Thank you JazzyDez for the info about the sale! I totally forgot to mention it. Looks like you indulged yourself!:)

I will def be buying the larger bottle next time....I needed some new conditioner plus I already liked Humectress so I figured I couldnt go wrong :)

pistachio

Humectress is the bomb!!!! I swear by Nexxus Humectress, and Redken Heavy Cream Super Treatment. My hair couldn't live without them!

glamazon386

Hmm I'm just about out of my Humectress bottle (the big one with the pump) I bought last December. I might have to try this Humectin...:scratchch

mimi

Is JC Penny and hair salons the only place were Humectin is sold? I'm almost out of Humectress and I want to give Humectin a try.

camellia

mimi said:
Is JC Penny and hair salons the only place were Humectin is sold? I'm almost out of Humectress and I want to give Humectin a try.

You can also buy it online. I believe www.goddess-within.com carries it. I've bought Nexxus and Nexxus Phyto Organics products from there before, the shipping isn't super fast, but the prices are good.

SqrpioQutie

i bought the humectin about 2 months ago (i think) and have yet to use it... actually i had forgotten that i had it... i did, however, use the theratin (got that for free when i bought the humectin) and i really like that...

since i love humectress, i'm pretty sure i'll feel the same toward the humectin (let's hope)...

Divine Inspiration

I purchased the Humectin (the new line is less expensive!!) today since the BSS no longer carries Humectress. The sales lady raved about it so I'm excited to see the results. I'll come back here to report.

Isis

Divine Inspiration said:
I purchased the Humectin (the new line is less expensive!!) today since the BSS no longer carries Humectress. The sales lady raved about it so I'm excited to see the results. I'll come back here to report.
I thought it was interesting that this line is less expensive than the old one. It's good to hear the sales lady raved about it. :yep: For me, the sales lady had not received any feedback yet and asked if I would let her know next time I'm in the store.

Diya

Does anyone know if Humectin can be used as a deep conditioner like Humectress? I'm going to buy some Humectin tomorrow and if I love it as much as I think I will, it might replace my Humectress as a moisturizing DC.