Be Glad for Your Necessary Evil - Part 1

Zeal

Hello Ladies:

A member of my Church sends me notes from her noon day Bible Study once a week. This lesson is kind of long , but it is awsome. I hope it touches someone. Here it is...

The speaker emphasized "sitting at the table with Judas and resisting the urge to KNOCK HIM OUT!" We all know we want to do it! As I said last week, Jesus even washed his feet and "loved on him" like the rest of the disciples! What a behavioral template to match!

Hour of Power Notes
February 19, 2008

Opening Scripture: Romans 8:31-39
Topic: “Be Glad for Your Necessary Evil”
Background Scripture: Luke 22:7-24

Summary:
Instead of our “flesh” reaction to the betrayal of Judas as we discussed last week, we need to thank Judas! Had it not been for Judas and his betrayal we would not be here.

Each of us has a “necessary evil” at points in our lives. Some people need to do evil so that God can turn it into good and get the glory for it. Some people have made deliberate choices to do and be evil. They have the same opportunities that we do to make a decision for good and for God but they choose evil. They have hardened their hearts like Pharaoh did toward the Israelites.

We need to learn how to deal with the “necessary evil” in our lives by taking our example from Jesus and his methods of dealing with Judas. We do not want to thwart God’s plan for our lives by trying to deal with the “necessary evil” ourselves or even identifying the “necessary evil” to others. When you seek to deal with it or identify it you risk interfering with God’s plans and blessings for your life.

Sometimes, just as Jesus did, you will find yourself sitting at the table with your “necessary evil” (v.7). This is when you really need to keep your mind stayed on Him so you will know what to do. So, in these times, just get ready to “go through” what you need to “go through” so that you can get to where (God wants you) to be going.

Paul spoke of “staying on God’s purpose” for our lives in Romans 8:28-
“For we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.”

Rev. Carpenter cautions that this is an all too familiar verse quoted either only partially or out of context by many Christians. We want to claim the first portion (“all things work together for good”) but not the verse in its entirety. We must also “love God” and be following our “call according to HIS purpose”.