Beauty Silkz: Silky or Scam-y?

arosieworld

Thanks 4 our nail *****!
IS this for REAL? I totally don't get it. Are there really amino acids infused in the silk? Would those somehow transfer to your skin and hair? I feel like this is just a normal pillowcase but I am a little cynical when it comes to "AS SEEN ON TV". Has anyone one tried this yet? :ohwell:

Beauty Silkz: Hydrates Skin & Hair While You Sleep!

There is a beauty treatment that you don’t even need to apply – you simply sleep on it! Sleep away lines and creases with the Beauty Silkz pillowcase, and you’ll actually wake up looking younger. Beauty Silkz is made of 100 percent charmeuse silk and contains 18 amino acids and natural proteins that nourish your skin and hair as you sleep. Try it one night, and you won’t want to live without it. For your own sweet dreams, and even sweeter mornings, get Beauty Silkz (Standard or Queen size pillowcase), $19.99 plus $7.98 shipping and processing.
A Pillowcase Gives Beauty Sleep a Deeper Meaning!

Charmeuse is glossy, smooth and unbelievably soft. It’s a sumptuous fabric made from silk with a satin finish. Sleeping on this luxurious material encourages a floating, ethereal sensation – not the hit-the-pillow-and-skid sort of feeling, but the pamper-me-because-I’m-special kind. Silk, of course, is totally natural and organic, and sleeping on it truly does reduce facial wrinkles, acne and allergies. No more bed head for you with Beauty Silkz! Your skin is not the only part of you that benefits – you’ll have no more tangled, morning hair! Hair loss and breakage are greatly reduced and facial scarring minimized. All that, and this luscious pillowcase is totally machine washable!
Wake Up with Smooth, Healthy Skin

According to dermatologists, dry and sensitive skin should always be moisturized. But when you apply creams and lotions to your face and then snuggle up with a plain cotton pillowcase, guess what reaps the benefit of those expensive moisturizers – the thirsty cotton fabric of the pillowcase, that’s what! That will never happen with this nonporous charmeuse silk. You’re going to love the feeling of Beauty Silkz against your skin, and after a hard day, the silky smoothness beckons you to lie down to be soothed. When you awaken and look in the mirror -- HEY! No unsightly crushed pillowface, ever again!

• Hollywood's best kept secret
  • Amazing new pillowcase that makes you wake up looking younger
  • Sleep On 100% Silk Charmeuse which contains natural proteins and 18 essential amino acids which nourish you skin and hair
  • Does not absorb moisture which helps to hydrate your skin and hair while you sleep, so you wake up with smoother more radiant skin and softer hair

In a Participant Study:

71% had smoother skin & hair
72% felt cooler while sleeping
74% preferred Beauty Silkz vs woven fabric
88% would recommend to family & friends

"Beauty Silkz pillowcase is made from 100% silk charmeuse.
The only beauty secret that helps you wake up
without sleep lines and creases."

- Ashley Jones, Inventor

KittyMeowMeow

I've never used it, but it looks like it is just a silk charmuse (type of satin) pillowcase that they are trying to build some marketing hype about. Silk is a protein fiber, so all silk would have proteins/amino acids. I don't believe that hair could absorb protein from a pillow.

lol @ "AS SEEN ON TV"...the site has a very 'but WAIT! Operators are standing by!' vibe to it...

ms.blue

You just go to the fabric store and buy some silk to make a scarf or pillow. Sometime I'm a little wary of things marketed on T.V. because sometimes its over priced junk.

lilikoi

I've never used it, but it looks like it is just a silk charmuse (type of satin) pillowcase that they are trying to build some marketing hype about. Silk is a protein fiber, so all silk would have proteins/amino acids. I don't believe that hair could absorb protein from a pillow.[/B][/SIZE]

I agree!

So maybe it's not a scam (if the price is reasonable) because you'd actually get a nice pillowcase out of the deal, but definitely a lot of unscientific HYPE.

Last edited:

Tiye

You just go to the fabric store and buy some silk to make a scarf or pillow. Sometime I'm a little wary of things marketed on T.V. because sometimes its over priced junk.

I've been sleeping in silk scarves for a long time - i.e. well over 10 years, and I do mean real silk not silky or silkeez or any of that stuff. If I've been getting a little conditioning from the fabric it's minor and does not in anyway eliminate the need to moisturize and condition my hair.

Anyway they shouldn't be selling it as "hollywood's best kept secret". Anyone who thinks all people in entertainment do is sleep on a silk pillowcase to keep their skin and hair on point has a lot of learning to do. :)