Been here since '07...and I still haven't found a staple creamy moisturizer!

virtuenow

@poochie167 I love Oyin's Whipped Pudding. I use it on damp and dry hair. The Hair Dew is good as well, but if Qhem's Burdock Root Butter Cream was too light for your hair, the Dew won't work well for you.

I've also noticed since I've upped the quality of my deep conditioners, I don't really need the cream moisturizers that I love.

This has been my experience. Once I found a good quality deep conditioner AO GPB/HSR and oil rinses, I stay moist for nearly the full week between washes. I don't have the same need for a staple leave-in. I do think i have found my back up that I think is necessary for those days when you need instant moisture!

Dposh167

So how did you do it? It sounds like you should revisit, or use the AO as the base of your leave in mix like I do.

virtuenow
If i can remember when i used HSR...i mixed it with sheamoisture shea butter leave in. And i added something else, but can't remember. But then i lost the patience for mixing and just wanted something i can dip my finger in and kim. But yes, i think i may revisit it...but mix it with other stuff. I know if u use too much it can leave a white film cuz its still a conditioner but when mixed right, it gave my hair awesome hydration

@poochie167 I love Oyin's Whipped Pudding. I use it on damp and dry hair. The Hair Dew is good as well, but if Qhem's Burdock Root Butter Cream was too light for your hair, the Dew won't work well for you.

okay! thx for that comparison!

@poochie167 Then what happened to the cream(s )worked? Why didn't you stick with them? Why look for something else when you've already found something that works?

Nonie
well as i mentioned the sheamoisture moisturizer from target worked...but the fragrance was too strong. So i gave it away. and i've been looking for a replacement ever since.
others were just okay! they may have been fine in the beginning, but as time went on they ended up not really doing anything. A good example would be Qhemet Burdock cream or QP elasta mango butter. I guess its like a new conditioner that u use and u like...but as time goes on u realize it really wasn't doing anything.

kandegirl

Try Cantu Shea Butter Leave in Cream in a jar. I've been using it daily on my ends for my dry rod sets and its smells good. Plus the prices is cheap. I got mine from Walmart. And don't let the name fool ya, it's more of a moisturizer to me than a leave in.

Dposh167

Here are some suggestions (in no particular order):

Darcy's Botanical Lemongrass Transitioning Hair Cream
Darcy's Botancial Shea Butter Lotion
Komaza Shea Butter Lotion
MyHoneyChild Buttery Soy Hair Cream
MyHoneyChild Burdock Root Hair Lotion
Claudie Isha Hair Cream
Claudie Quinoa & Coffee Hair Cream
Claudie Ends Insurance Hair Cream
Claudie Satin
Hairitage Hydrations "Clouds"
Tiiva Naturals Green Tea Leave-In
Qhemet Biologics Burdock Root
Qhement Biologics Amala Oil & Heavy Cream
Hairveda's Whipped Ends Hydration
Oyin Handmade Hair Dew
Karen's Body Beautiful

WOW thanks!
the bolded i've tried already. But the other's I'm DEFINITELY LOOKING INTO.

i've heard about hairitage products. Looks like i've got a long list of things to try:lick:

ThickRoot

Through my trial and error, those that work best for me are:

1. Shescentit Marula Hemp Butter
2. Shescentit Marshmallow Hair Cream
3. Oyin Hair Dew (recommended as a leave in and/or moisturizer)
4. Cocoa Tree Detangling Ghee (is a leave in but I've been experimenting with it as a moisturizer and I'm liking it)

Honorable Mentions
Darcy's Botanicals Daily Leave-in
Karen's Body Beautiful Sweet Ambrosia

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I agree with the BeeMine Luscious Balancing Hair Cream and Qhemet's Coco Tree Detangling Ghee.

Right now I'm using CTDG on wet/damp hair, but last year I used it on Dry hair as a Moisturizer and it also worked great that way.

silenttullip

yall have me wanting to get the Bee Mine Balanced Cream Moisturizer and I wasn't even looking for a moisturizer lol

kellistarr

Perhaps it's just my hair but many products do not work on my dry hair. I can count on one hand the products that work to moisturize my dry hair. Most everything I own works on my damp or wet hair. Have you considered this?

FriscoGirl

I really found great results from Daily Moisturizing Growth Lotion. The owner/founder is a member on LHCF.

Product Description and Benefits:
This daily moisturizing lotion is excellent for chemically treated or natural hair. CONTAINS 5 NATURAL BUTTERS AND 8 NATURAL OILS....ALONG WITH GLYCERIN!!!!
Now contains more Emu Oil per bottle!

This natural daily moisturizing lotion is excellent for chemically treated or natural hair. Use after deep conditioning on wet hair and daily to soften and condition the hair while restoring a nourishing balance of moisture in the hair.

Created with an exclusive blend of natural ingredients such as:
shea butter, olive butter, aloe butter, sweet almond butter, avocado butter, olive oil, almond oil, jojoba oil, peanut oil, macadamia nut oil, safflower oil and glycerin.

Contains no mineral oil or petrolatum. PH balanced.

bludaydreamr

I had the same problem, for a long time...I tried Hawaiian Silky 14 n 1 and it was pretty good. Since then, I have found Taliah Waajid Protective Mist Bodifier and I really like it a lot. It's natural and can be found at CVS.

Dposh167

Thanks for all the suggestions.

Right now im thinking about trying caludie's moisturizer. Probably the end insurance to see how that works. Then im gonna try shescentit marshmellow cream. And im also gonna buy karen body beautiful amnrosia. If none of those work im gonna try the bee mine cream or hairitage products.

FriscoGirl
Can u provide us the brand name or the link

demlew

poochie167 Have you tried Neutrogena Silk Touch leave-in? It's creamy and dries clear. I've found that I can use it for a few days straight without buildup. It smells nice and a little goes a long way.

Dposh167

Have you tried this Shea Mositure product? Shea Moisture Shea Butter leave in conditioner...its in the white bottle

http://www.bing.com/images/search?q...2899F62735D025B7EE02FE49B&first=0&FORM=IDFRIR

yes i have an extra bottle of this actually. I used to use it with okay results. It was better on my hair shaft than my ends. Its like my ends need more.

@poochie167 Have you tried Neutrogena Silk Touch leave-in? It's creamy and dries clear. I've found that I can use it for a few days straight without buildup. It smells nice and a little goes a long way.
yes...i've tried this too very early into my journey. It had too much of a cone in this and i'm not a cone user. Especially something i would use often. i think i sold it

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Thanks for all the suggestions.

Right now im thinking about trying caludie's moisturizer. Probably the end insurance to see how that works. Then im gonna try shescentit marshmellow cream. And im also gonna buy karen body beautiful amnrosia. If none of those work im gonna try the bee mine cream or hairitage products.

YASSS!

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
I mix Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Mask (yellow) and Silk Elements Mega Silk DC, 50/50 and use as a moisturizer on dry hair. Nothing in the world like it! I only moisturize one a week.

Dposh167

tiffers
lol yes i researched opinions on claudie's products and i really didn't see any bad reviews about her moisturizers. worth a try to me. I'm gonna get the isha cream too

robot.

I def agree with the ladies who recommended Oyin's Hair Dew! :love: I also like Jasmine's shea butter rinse leave-in.

coyacoy

NappyNelle - i was just going to say the same thing re: Qhemet Amla olive heavy cream! i think they sell it in a sample size - it is sooooooo worth trying - maybe even the amla oil pomade if you like pomades. what about bear fruit products? they have a very creamy leave in...it is a condish and i know that's not what you are looking for but it's a good one - on wet or dry hair. Good luck - 4 years is a long time to be searching!

I've know you've tried Qhemet's Burdock Root Butter; perhaps the Amla & Olive Heavy Cream will be better for you.

I also like Oyin Whipped Pudding.

When End All comes back, :look: I'd recommend that too. :look:

mjphair

Try Elasta QP Olive Oil and Mango Butter Moisturizer and Jane Carter Nourishing Hair Cream. Both are really good. The Elasta QP is a lil less expensive then JC, but both get the job done really well

Umm Ebraheem

Komaza Care shea butter lotion is a really nice moisturizer. Also, I'm liking the Bee Mine balanced moisturizer. Both are very thick and creamy.