Beg. of Year National 21 Day Daniel Prayer & Fast w/Pastor Jentzeen Franklin

CarolinaGal

Wow. Ok, sorry if this is too long and sounds crazy, but I came into the Christianity forum because I have been restless and experiencing a bit of insomnia for the past week and a half. I stay awake until my body finally crashes from exhaustion because I could not just "rest." My plan was to look for prayer and encouragment threads. But, I saw this thread and now I feel at ease. God works in mysterious ways.

Please add me to the participant list.

Thanks!

goldielocs

My husband and I started our Daniel Fast yesterday, otherwise I would join you all. I hope you all have a successful fast and we'll keep this group in our prayers. :Rose:

star

My husband and I started our Daniel Fast yesterday, otherwise I would join you all. I hope you all have a successful fast and we'll keep this group in our prayers. :Rose:

No problem there some who started today based on certain events coming but thank God for couples fasting and praying. Thanks for sharing and we going to trust God that is going to be best time release spiritually and every other way that even of us have seen in Jesus Name.

star

Wow. Ok, sorry if this is too long and sounds crazy, but I came into the Christianity forum because I have been restless and experiencing a bit of insomnia for the past week and a half. I stay awake until my body finally crashes from exhaustion because I could not just "rest." My plan was to look for prayer and encouragment threads. But, I saw this thread and now I feel at ease. God works in mysterious ways.

Please add me to the participant list.

Thanks!

CarolinaGal, yes, God does work in mysterious ways and He is TOO wise to make any mistakes. So glad He move you this direction.
Welcome BlessedStarlette and brg240 and so thankful you both are on board.

star

I just wanted to wish all of you a blessed and successful fast. :) I pray that whatever your praying about/seeking God for will come to pass. I'll be fasting as well. I also want to restore my relationship with God. I'm also praying for direction in my life.

Thanks so much your words of encouragement and I expecting GREAT expectations from God and He has never failed me yet. I KNOW He is going to bless each and every woman of God with heavenly blessings.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
In Matthew 6:17, Jesus says ""But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face"

Noting that he says "when" and not "if"... So I firmly believe that God expects us to fast, as a way of staying connected to Him.

I also wanted to share a powerful Scripture that opened my eyes to the benefits of God's sovereign power that's associated with praying & fasting, when Jesus healed that boy with the unclean spirit:
Mark 9:
27 But Jesus took him by the hand, and lifted him up; and he arose.
28 And when he was come into the house, his disciples asked him privately, Why could not we cast him out?
29 And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting.

Also, a good resource on fasting is How to Fast Successfully by Derek Prince. It's a great supplemental read. :yep:

Just thought I'd post this as well.

9 Reasons to Fast unto the Lord
1 — To combine the power of fasting with prayer for more dynamic results.
2 — To become more like Christ.
3 — To make a special request or achieve a specific goal.
4 — To more fully praise, worship, and honor God.
5 — To receive deeper insight and revelation from God.
6 — To better prepare ourselves for serving God.
7 — To more fully open our hearts to the hungry.
8 — To intercede on behalf of the sins and weaknesses of others.
9 — To develop self-discipline and show our commitment to God.

I believe that God will move more than ever before among His people in 2010, and especially among those who are open, willing and ready to receive the blessing!

sharee

I have never posted in this forum but, I had to today our church is doing the Daniel Fast starting today as well, This morning I made a batch of vegetable soup and stocked up on fruit and vegetables...so far so good. I have already started or I would join. It is really good to see this here.

Last edited:

dawn1980

I too would like to join this fast. What do I need to do?
I'm not that familiar with the Daniel Fast but will read up on it.

kboogie007

I want to join too but probably will do 7 days instead of 21 since this will be my first fast. I plan on doing the Daniel partial fast and will be giving up tv for atleast 3 of those days...my little guilty pleasure.:blush:

Irie1

Star-

Please add me to the list of participants. I'm concerned about losing weight but I need some MAJOR breakthroughs in my life, so I'm in.

Thanks and God Bless,

Irie1

HeChangedMyName

Are you all ready? I'm so excited for the results. This fast and other things within my church family are all confirmation that God is about to make some awesome moves this year. Big Things.

Duchesse

I'm joining. I've stocked up on frozen fruits, I need to buy more greens. I'm taking it one week at a time. Dietary- Daniel Fast. Giving up- excessive internet..max. 30 minutes a day (this is going to be hard..internet junky!)-read Bible and spiritual books. Praying for clarity of purpose/inner wisdom.

star

I have all you wonderful ladies and it is never too late. All will be added to Pastor Franklin's master list. Ladies I expecting a great, great work from God and so, so excited we will all be yoked together. I will praying daily for all you and will post us on sites around the WORLD. Yeah, we know how to get pray through by breaking down doors and kicking in windows all in NAME OF JESUS.

So, happy we will be together on this journey. Love you all and have great, great expectation in God and do not let any speak negative but give them the garment of praise to put on.

star

I too would like to join this fast. What do I need to do?
I'm not that familiar with the Daniel Fast but will read up on it.

See the link in beginning of this thread or look in the "Sticky Section" for Pastor Franklins Daniel Fast.

NitaChantell

Day 1...I forgot how hard this was going to be. No fridge or microwave, no car [yet, going home to get it this Thursday]. Living off of meal plan is no joke ladies! & I'm on the Culinary Campus, so the Chefs here believe the more salt and fat, the better! I will persevere, even if I have to eat just salads everyday and all day!!! How is everyone else's day going??

VictoriousBrownFlower

I've been fasting since last wk and it has been the most wonderful experience ever. I feel so close to god right now. I'm so glad I decided to start on the fourth.

My mom is waiting for a callback for a job we all really want her to get. I feel compelled to fast at the least until we hear back from them. If she gets this job my new life will start.

I'm just so at peace right now. With life, with myself, with god........I stepped out when he told me too. I didnt know what I was stepping out for but now I know...What god has in store for me is so much better than I could have ever imagined.

Mis007

This is day six on my fast I started early but will end with you guys. So far its going good I am however, feeling very weak but I will just have to increase my water. Satan is trying his best to sabotage my gaining a deeper fellowship with God so please pray for my family and I as I would do the same good luck ladies.

ArrrBeee

My fast is to give up meat and sweets.

Day 1- Pretty hard. I guess I should not have shopped at the stores where they offer samples. It forced me to plan meals and each time I get antsy, I pray.

I have some major issues right now so this is right on time.

LovelyRo

I'm no longer doing the Daniel Fast... I'm doing a partial fast... juice and water throughout the day and 1 meal in the evening.

So far so good! I'm a little light headed right now but, I'll be fine.

I'm really enjoying this opportunity to get closer to God! I've been meditating on the following scripture since Saturday:

Trust in the Lord with all your heart, And lean not on your own understanding; In all your ways acknowledge Him, and he shall direct your paths. Proverbs 3:5-6

It has really helped me deal with my "storm."

During my lunch today I prayed for about 20 minutes and listened to Total Praise repeatedly. God is worthy of ALL praise and I just want to honor HIM in all that I do!

Uniqzoe

Hello ladies, I didn't add my name to the list in the beginning b/c I was not yet a subscriber. However, I have been on the DF since Jan. 3rd and so far its been going great, I've gotten some great revelations from GOD. The only problem is that within the last couple of days I have been extremely tired, I started taking my multi-vitamins and iron supplements but those haven't seemed to help.

Has anyone else had problems with fatigue?

star

Hello ladies, I didn't add my name to the list in the beginning b/c I was not yet a subscriber. However, I have been on the DF since Jan. 3rd and so far its been going great, I've gotten some great revelations from GOD. The only problem is that within the last couple of days I have been extremely tired, I started taking my multi-vitamins and iron supplements but those haven't seemed to help.

Has anyone else had problems with fatigue?

Try doing some stretches with specific yoga methods. This should help and so glad you join the fast and most importantly when the fatigue hits recent a scripture or short prayer like "Lord give me strength" or Increase my energy Lord in Jesus name. The stretching along with scripture should help you out.

star

Hi ladies and I am doing good as well taking one day at time and trusting God. The first two days was the hardest but God gave me strength.

Love you all and praying for EVERYONE everyday. :grin: