Beneficial to baggy while lounging around??

Ms. Feliz

I was just wondering if it would show any type of benefit to baggy my ends or my whole head while i'm lounging around the house. Right now it's pretty cold outside so I spend more time indoors than out. Also, what seems to be the healthiest method you ladies use when you baggy? (wet/dry hair..how long..things like that)

TIA

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
baggy on dry moisturized hair.

Some ladies baggy for a few minutes/hours out of the day. Some overnight.

You should be fine

4evershika

What Yaya said... I only baggy for 1-2 hours a few times a week and I can feel that my hair is more moisturized than when I don't baggy at all. I only baggy overnight if I'm going to be washing my hair the next day because I always wake up to a sopping wet head of hair.

mariofmagdal

I am natural, full WL, baggy on dry hair, moisturize AM/PM. (Aloe vera gel, NTM, QP MB)

I am still in my baggy from last night. I baggy nightly and when I am having a lazy day, I lounge with it still baggied. It does not cause me any harm. Everyone is different. Try it, your hair will tell you if it likes it or not.

Nonie

I'm always in a baggy when lounging around the house. It's how I sleep and when I get up, if I'm not going anywhere, I don't change my headdress. So I could be in a baggy all weekend if not going anywhere. And if I do go out, I might still keep my baggy on and just wear a hat or headwrap over it.

I don't use any moisturizer/leave-in, so my baggying is just on bare, dry hair. Baggying seems to encourage my sebum production and keeping the baggy on, keeps my hair from losing moisture. I don't have a humidifier and in the winter, the air in the home can be very dry so I believe baggying prevents the air in the home from robbing my hair of moisture. Otherwise, I just baggy coz it's good for my hair and has served me well over the years. Baggying is sorta the lazy girl's version of protective styling.

Chaosbutterfly

Transition Over
I baggy when I'm in the house, except for when I'm doing housework or if I'm working out, because then my scalp sweats, and I don't like that.
But if I'm watching a movie, doing my homework, messing around on the internet, or sleeping, I baggy.
I very very lightly moisturize with whatever I'm using at the moment (still working on a staple moisturizer), and then put on a shower cap or plastic bag. If I'm feeling lazy, I'll just put the baggy on my plain hair. Then, I'll cover that with a net to keep it on, and go about my business. It stays on overnight, and if I'm not doing anything the next day, it'll stay on. If I do it right, my hair comes out moist but not wet. Whenever I decide to take it off, I seal my hair with oil right away to lock in all the goodness.
I like to baggy because I have thirsty hair...she loves moisture. And it's a really easy, small, and unobtrusive thing, that makes a big difference in my hair. I think you should try it, and see what your hair has to say about it.