The Best BAGGY CHALLENGE Ever 2010! Cycle One (Jan - June)

MsPlatinumbsf

I am still baggying every day, I keep my ends baggy all day all night, it is hotter now so I have to keep it moist all the time it dries up so fast with the heat so I am faithfully baggying.

Aggie

:wave: Hi Aggie! I forgot about Duo Tex, I still have a giant bottle of it at home. I'll use that as my next protein treatment. As for Wild Growth Hair Oil, it's a keeper.:yep: My hair was soft with less shrinkage than usual. I'm going to continue using it as an overnight pre-poo and I'll probably some to my next MN mix.

I finally got around to try baggying with Cantu Shea Butter leave-in tonight. This is a from my old PJ stash. It really didn't wow me when I was relaxed so I'll see how it works on my natural hair.
Hmmm, I might have to give the bolded another try as well now that I am natural.

~Adding Cantu Leave-in to my mental list of products to purchase~

Platinum

I forgot to mention that Cantu contains protein (my hair loves protein) so this is definetely a keeper.:yep:

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
Somewhat unrelated topic: I'm not quite ready for the challenge b/c I'm new to baggying and new to the LHCF. How do you keep your hair from becoming to oily when baggying?

I attempted baggying twice and don't get me wrong, my hair looks great!! It's nice and shiny and the breakage stopped almost immediately BUT my hair is so oily that when I touch it, you can see the oil residue on my hands. Is this a good sign of moisture or just flat out too much oil when baggying?

AfroKink

Somewhat unrelated topic: I'm not quite ready for the challenge b/c I'm new to baggying and new to the LHCF. How do you keep your hair from becoming to oily when baggying?

I attempted baggying twice and don't get me wrong, my hair looks great!! It's nice and shiny and the breakage stopped almost immediately BUT my hair is so oily that when I touch it, you can see the oil residue on my hands. Is this a good sign of moisture or just flat out too much oil when baggying?

What do you baggy with?

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
What do you baggy with?

Creme of Nature Leave-In Conditioner as the moisturizer and sealed with either EVOO. I also have Kemi Oil, Coconut Oil or Moroccan Oil that I could use but the two times I've tried, it's been with EVOO.

AfroKink

Creme of Nature Leave-In Conditioner as the moisturizer and sealed with either EVOO. I also have Kemi Oil, Coconut Oil or Moroccan Oil that I could use but the two times I've tried, it's been with EVOO.

Maybe try baggying with the leave-in. Then in the morning (or when ever you take off the baggy) seal with the oil of your choice.

Platinum

Baggying has really helped with moisture retention and I'm seeing absolutely no breakage. I still use WOC moisturizer and Surge 14 every night.:up: I'm going to continue baggying.:yep:

Nonie

And how is this working for you? What are the most notable results for those using this method?

Well, I do baggy every night and I know that saves my hair from drying. I am just about to complete my 64th hour of non-stop baggying and I'm loving it so much that I hope my job doesn't get tired of seeing me in hats or headwraps. Maybe I'll just extend this up until the day after Independence Day. I imagine my hair will just feel soft. I think this is the first time my ends are getting a taste of "protective styling". If I could do it longer, I'd know if it made a difference to my retention.

Last edited:

grow

well, i started the baggying at night 6 months ago and wearing the baggy buns during the day about 4 months ago and here is my progress report so far:

i tried to make sure the line evidenced the new growth and that, i believe, i owe to this challenge!
of course the general better care i have taken of my hair since joining 6 months ago is fundamental, but it's that baggying that is really retaining moisture, and thus length for me!
hhg ladies!

Aggie

well, i started the baggying at night 6 months ago and wearing the baggy buns during the day about 4 months ago and here is my progress report so far:

i tried to make sure the line evidenced the new growth and that, i believe, i owe to this challenge!
of course the general better care i have taken of my hair since joining 6 months ago is fundamental, but it's that baggying that is really retaining moisture, and thus length for me!
hhg ladies!

Good job Grow. You are doing well so far and keep up the good work.

grow

Good job Grow. You are doing well so far and keep up the good work.

thank you so much sweetie pie!

YOU are one of the darlings who have helped me so much and to whom i'll remain grateful!

thank you for your patience with me, lol!

hey ladies, this is cycle one, until the end of june, right?

what about cycle 2?

Nonie, i hear ya about wearing the headwraps and hats in order to keep the baggy on!
i wanna do that all summer too!
it really has made an incredible difference with retention for me!

hhg ladies!

Platinum

Great progress Grow! Keep up the good work!

Still baggying every night and my hair is doing great!

I want in on the next challenge too. I've been baggying every night for the past 3 weeks as well. Of course I can't really tell a major difference yet, but I plan on kicking my HHJ into high gear, especially in this last half of the year.

Bluetopia

Thanks for the heads up AND for clearing it up ladies. I was up late last night and must have copy and pasted incorrectly :rolleyes:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?p=11439274&highlight=#post11439274

THANK YOU Platinum! YES WE CAN!

Bluetopia, i really appreciate that you've started a new one already, but when i went to the link, it did not come up.

any news?

thanks!