BEST AIR DRYING tips!!!! NEEDED

gissellr78

I want to try air drying next sunday I currently rollerset...I will be 6 six week post relaxer.

Please help me giving me the best air drying tips...I want my hair to dry moisturized with minimal breakage....

so ladies......... spill it

I'm natural, but works best for me when airdrying is:

1. Applying my leave-in & moisturizer while my hair is still wet
2. Putting extra moisture on my ends (I moisturize them when I get out of the shower and I moisturize them again after my hair is 50% dry. Then I seal them w/ castor oil).
3. Keeping my hair in a stretched state (this has greatly reduced tangles for me)
4. Fingercombing (reduces breakage)

The best way for me to airdry is to wrap my hair in a tshirt (one of my husbands stretchy undershirts works great).
Right after coming out the shower i wrap my hair up in that for a couple mins, this is just to absorb most of the water but still leaving it damp. I then apply my moisturizer, and shake my head back and forth.
This works beter for me than just airdrying from soaking wet hair.

I'm natural, but works best for me when airdrying is:

1. Applying my leave-in & moisturizer while my hair is still wet
2. Putting extra moisture on my ends (I moisturize them when I get out of the shower and I moisturize them again after my hair is 50% dry. Then I seal them w/ castor oil).
3. Keeping my hair in a stretched state (this has greatly reduced tangles for me)
4. Fingercombing (reduces breakage)

This is basically what I do also. Except i I wash bi weekly and i spray my hair with Aloe Vera juice mix. Than use rusk smoother and ntm slik touch leave in. Than seal with my oil mix. Depending on if its night or day time. I will do the scarf method and bun my ends. Or let it hang straight than bun my ends. I think i finger comb 95% of the time.

I like Traycee's method. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVkePeCqMzE&feature=channel_page

I usually do this and bun.

I do the same thing.

I do wring out as much water as possible. I use a "watery" leave in, detangle further (already detangled from conditioner in shower also). Then I gently comb/smooth my hair into the style that I want to wear. It's smooth just like when you do a rollerset.

Then I apply a moisturizer. Then I proceed to do two pig tails down the back, magnetic rollers on the ends, or two banded ponytails.

Last edited:
Even when I airdry a rollerset, I still dry my hair under the dryer for about the first 10 minutes just to seal the cuticle. To me, that initially "sets" the style. I have gotten less than stellar results when I just straight airdry.

Prior to that, a few other things I do include:
-Using a creamy moisturizer as a leave in.
-Using a denman brush to detangle each section individually prior to wrapping around the roller. Make sure each section is completely flat around the roller.
-Using a tad bit of castor oil on the very tip of each section to lay it down. (don't go too far up on the section or else it will weigh the hair down.
-Making sure the hair is COMPLETELY DRY before taking the rollers out.

HTH!

Back