Best Brush Ever...Tangle Tamer Max

chestnutblonde

I just purchased the Tangle Tamer Max brush from Sally's and this has got to be the BEST brush ever. I'm about 6 months post relaxer and this brush handled my new growth and tangles with ease. This is a must have item.

Sally's brush link

faithVA

Interesting. I like my tangle teezer. Still have it. I might actually try the new fangle one with the handle. :yep: Thanks OP

BraunSugar

So basically it's a big tangle teaser?

No! It's got a handle which makes it a new product. :lol:

Looks like it's easier to handle, but the TT is constructed so poorly to me (and this one looks the same quality) that I'll prob pass on getting this one. Glad it's working for you OP!

Dilettante

Different strokes for different folks. I can't even use the Denman brush too often without over stressing my fine strands. A Tangle Teaser would be like a hair-assassin for me.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
The bristles on this brush look a little longer than the ones on the original Tangle Teezer. And I hated the original without a handle. That thing used to go flying across the room as I used it. I think I'd check this one out.

ChristmasCarol

The bristles on this brush look a little longer than the ones on the original Tangle Teezer. And I hated the original without a handle. That thing used to go flying across the room as I used it. I think I'd check this one out.

Dayjoy

Same here - I get so tired of dropping the TT!
I saw the TT-Max @ Sally's a few weeks ago, but hadn't seen any reviews on it, so I didn't buy it. I think I will get it this weekend, though.

mg1979

I have and love the Tangle Teezer. I went to Sally's a few weeks ago to get a back up one for when I'm cleaning it. I saw this and picked up one. I love it as well!

JJamiah

I might try it ; I have and still use the tangle teaser. I use it every wash day and can't seem to have a routine without it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using LHCF

BraunSugar

my TT came apart right at the seam from me repeatedly dropping it

I dropped mine three times in the shower and it did the same thing. It won't even fit together anymore. I was going to buy a new one but found a brush w/very flexible teeth that detangles the same was only 4 bucks.

mg1979

Phoenix14 said:
my TT came apart right at the seam from me repeatedly dropping it

BraunSugar said:
I dropped mine three times in the shower and it did the same thing. It won't even fit together anymore. I was going to buy a new one but found a brush w/very flexible teeth that detangles the same was only 4 bucks.

Mine hasn't come apart at the seam, but I notice water seeps through and gets inside. It seems like the Tangle Tamer has a tighter seam.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

faithVA

[USER=51669 said:
Phoenix14[/USER];16804189]my TT came apart right at the seam from me repeatedly dropping it

It's supposed to come apart. It wasn't glued together. You just pop the two pieces back together.

I have two of them and they both are separated. It's not a big deal.

faithVA

hmm, that's odd. I have not had that problem. I always pull mine apart to clean it :ohwell: And I've had mine for almost 3 years.

Lilmama1011

I don't know why i'm scared to use a TT or anything similar to it, I have the image of it ripping my hair out. What you star from ends to the root and work your way up on wet hair or it can be used on dry hair as well because when I get so much new growth I don't even bother with my roots unless after washing and combing products through and even that I experience some breakage

faithVA

I don't know why i'm scared to use a TT or anything similar to it, I have the image of it ripping my hair out. What you star from ends to the root and work your way up on wet hair or it can be used on dry hair as well because when I get so much new growth I don't even bother with my roots unless after washing and combing products through and even that I experience some breakage

If you are afraid to use it I would say don't. Every post of people who were afraid of it, usually turned out badly. Even if it didn't, when they used it they didn't become less afraid. They still had the thought it was going to mess up their hair.

I use mine on wet or damp hair. I don't use it on dry hair. My hair is too shrunken and thick to put anything through it when it's dry.

I think it works on my hair precisely because it is so dense, curly and shrunken.

BraunSugar

hmm, that's odd. I have not had that problem. I always pull mine apart to clean it :ohwell: And I've had mine for almost 3 years.

I got mine almost a year ago. I wonder if they changed up the way they manufactured them. The two pieces are shaped so they fit together, but they will not fit into each other correctly. I even checked to see if something was chipped or broken and it isn't. I was disappointed because it didn't give me any problems w/my hair, but it was awkward to use with wet hair and when it broke I was upset.

BraunSugar

guyanesesista It is this one:

I couldn't find pics of it online so I took this one myself. I got it from Kmart. It is called the Conair Detangling Brush for Wet or Dry Hair #95310. The balls on the ends are tiny and don't get tangled in my coils. The bristles are longer than the TT which means I can detangle thicker sections. The flexibility of the teeth is the same at the TT. I can detangle quickly and I lose very little hair. I bought it last month.

Lilmama1011

I brought a tangle tamer and it was 4.99 with my Sally's card but ify about it because the brush part do look like it can be damage because some got extra plastic on the side, I tried it on dry just on my ends not my roots because I have too much new growth so just brushed it back because it was in a pony tail, but I don't know what to say yet will try on wet hair when I wash, but thinking bout taking it back and get a different one with better bristles but the material its made out of looks like it wear down anyway because it's plastic

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
My tangle teezer did not work well for me and my fine strands, but I'm sure (for those who liked it) the handle will make life easier.

I use my tangle teezer on my maltese now after giving him a bath.
Glides right through his hair. :look:

Lilmama1011

I took it back and got the tangle tamer max because the bristles look better and look online and saw a different one, I don't know what those bristles made out of but if it's a solid material, not plastic that can flatten after I will I will return that as well, I'm not keeping something I don't want no:no that's why I got extra conditioner smh

chestnutblonde

I've used it 3 times since starting this thread and I have to say I still love it. It doesn't wreck or ravage my hair and gets the tangles out when my hair is wet. It's definitely a keeper for me, but I understand that it may not work for everyone.

Lilmama1011

yaya24 said:
I just saw the ad on the sidebar for this Michel Mercier brush:

https://www.notanglebrush.com/?mid=2938477

Looks like there is a brush for fine, thick and normal hair types.

I just was looking at that yesterday but it was closed by the time I called, 8 eastern time I think, I wonder what the bristles made out of because if its not plastic I will take this back and order this one

Lilmama1011

I used it on my wet hair and all I can say is that the hair that came out doubled! Never again. I took it back and got a detangling comb from Sally's for 2.99 , hopefully it does it thing

Lilmama1011

image-2993927119.jpg

Talking bout this one and I'm pretty sure it will be much gentler to my hair than that tangle tamer! I see something and think that's doesn't look to good for my hair try it anyways and get exactly the result I thought. But they say you never know until you try but sometimes you must trust your gut. My gut is telling me that this comb I'm going to love, if not, is I'll just take it back lol

mscocoface

My hair laughed at the TT. I could have sworn it said..."Are you serious?"

DH loves it though. Great for his hair type.

Lilmama1011

mscocoface said:
My hair laughed at the TT. I could have sworn it said..."Are you serious?"

DH loves it though. Great for his hair type.

My SO said it was going to be his new shower brush because he likes the way it scratches his scalp and he says it good for his waves and said I'm selfish when I took it back, I laughed. And the words on the back disappeared just in one use did that happen to yous or it was just either my oil or conditioner?