best product for hair lines and thinning areas

Brownie

What do you all think is the best product (fastest and most effective) for thinning hair lines or other thinning areas?

1). Nioxin Follicule Booster: NX 3
2). ORS Temple Fertilizing Balm
3). Castor oil
4). Vitamin E oil
5). Rosemary and Peppermint (or other essential oil blend)

Feel free to recommend any other products that have worked for you. Also, how quickly did you get results from your chosen product?

Azalia

I've tried the ORS temple balm and I did not get great results from this product. I also tried the vitamin E capsules and I noticed a difference in 2 weeks, I really like the vitamin E. I had plans to purchase some pure Castor Oil and the NX 3 today. I read a couple of threads on this product and I heard that it stimulates the scalp and you can actually feel the tingling sensation on the scalp. And of course my scalp loves that but I will keep you posted!

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
I like this stuff:
http://strengthofnature.com/growthealing.htm

I was too embarassed to to y'all but about a month ago I yanked out a chunk of my hair out with one of those satin bands with Velcro in the front. A male friend was visiting /images/graemlins/tongue.gif and I was trying to take it off real fast before he rolled over and saw me. (I look like a hospital head-wound patient with that thing on my head!) I had a nickel-sized bald spot right in the middle of my hairline! I used the Profectiv Anti-Thinning Circulation Stimulant on it twice a day and it has filled in almost completely.
I tried the ORS when it first came out. I didn't like the smell and and it didn't spread well. I gave it away, so I don't know if it works...

BTW--He thought the whole thing was hilarious. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Madison

ooh sassy see what happens when we try to be cute in a hurry /images/graemlins/wink.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif i am glad the spot grew back. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

what works for me is my mixture of castor , jojoba oil mixed with msm lotion. recently i added glovers mane

sweetcocoa

I'm sorry Sassygirl...I laughed out loud when I read your post. I could see myself doing this! We ladies are so vain! Men have no idea what we go through sometimes just to look good. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dandy112

I can relate to that all to well about trying to yank scarves off the head, but I am glad to hear about your recommendation for thinning areas on the hairline I have been looking for a product for the longest time to help me. I am going to try the profectiv product but how does using vitamin e work? Where would I get the capsules? from a health store? I would like to try that as well.

A

AmilLion

For, taking extreme care of my hair in general aided in the regrowth of my then thinning hair line. I remained consistent with my hair regimen, not skipping anything or substituting products.

Robin41

That's funny! The things we do to be cute in front of a new man! I don't know why we do that. You ever check them out first thing in the morning? It ain't always pretty.

I'm glad it grew back for you.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
The things we do to be cute in front of a new man! I don't know why we do that. You ever check them out first thing in the morning? It ain't always pretty.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know that's right! He's no Rock. Or Morris Chestnut. Or Ricky Schroder. /images/graemlins/grin.gif Those are my baby's daddys. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
BTW--He didn't believe that there are forums devoted entirely to hair care!

Lita

I use Profectivs (Anti-Thinning Circulation Stimulant) to prevent thinning edges becouse i wear my hair back alot. So far no problems. Happy Hair Growing! /images/graemlins/cool.gif

LondonDiva

Africa's best make a product called Hair Fertilizer. It's cheaper and the ingredients are similar to the ORS temple balm. Very tingly. It contains Rosemary and Menthol.

lala

I've had success with:

Hairobics Hair &amp; Scalp Leave-in Conditioner used in conjuction with the Scalp Booster and vitamin E.

Also, I've used Phytoaxil by Phytologie.

jellynote

For me it was castor, jojoba and peppermint because after I came out of micros my edges were gone
My hair line and edges are completed back also parts that were bald has hair now.

BLESSED1

I use the Profective anti-thinning as well, along with massaging my scalp (paying special attention to my hairline &amp; temple areas) twice a day
. I also make sure that my ponytail isn't too tight, so far my edges have been filling in where it was once thin, and I haven't noticed any new thinning areas.

LABETT

Nioxin follicle booster worked for me results in 2 weeks.
ORS did nothing for me.
I am also using profectiv anti-thinning circulant creme.
I believe how often you wash your hair makes a difference.