Best Products for a Salon Quality Flat Iron Set

wyldcurlz

...what products do you use to get the sleekest, smoothest, silkiest, softest, bouncy flat ironed hair? i want the same results at home that I get at the salon.

What products do you all use to get nice, smooth flat irons?

I was instructed to try a spray leave in conditioner (because regular conditioner can be too heavy and could cause frizz in mild humidity.)

Also told to use a heat protectant and maybe a little foam wrapping lotion or pressing creme/curl wax.

I need smooth as glass flat ironed hair by this afternoon - so please tell me what you're using!!

Last edited:

wyldcurlz

PrettyBrownEyes said:
I love using Redken Smooth Down Heat Glide. I apply it to damp hair.

and that's it? nothing else? and that gives you nice, smooth, bouncy results?

LovelyZ

I flat iron my rollerset hair, it comes out much bouncier than blowdried hair.

After my hair is dry and rollers are removed, I apply a little Natural oasis oil all over. I pin up the hair, leaving loose only the small section that I am about to flat iron. I put Motion serum on that piece then flat iron. I go through piece by piece doing this.

If I am 8 or so weeks post relaxer, I will also use Keracare curl wax on the roots in the front part of my hair to make it straighter and shinier.

The main thing I have to do to make sure my hair comes out as good as the salon is to take my time and take very small sections at a time. If I rush through (take bigger pieces) it does not come out nearly as smooth.

hothair

My sister's in law use Tresseme Heat Defence Styling spray and it worked well for them:) For shine I would put a little Avlon/ Keracare Silken seal

Determined22

My stylist used to use only FHI Hot Sauce and PM Gloss Drops on my hair. Came out bouncy, sleek and shiny everytime.