best serum for relaxed hair?

golden_goddess

I am looking for a super lightweight serum, that I can use when I rollerset my hair. My hair gets weighed down very easily. I want it to be shiny but still have tons of body, but can't seem to find the right product.
Or if you know something other than a serum, you can mention it as well. TIA

lovebug10

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum!! It is AMAZING, light weight and gives hair a soft, bouncy and sleek feel. I used to use infusium 23 & water mixture to set but ever since I tried Super Skinny I never turned to anything else. Also, it gives your hair so much slip so when you comb through with a rat-tail comb you don't have as much breakage.

It is pretty pricey but Sally's has Generic versions of most of the Paul Mitchell products (I haven't tried them but I heard they are pretty comparable to the real thing) and those will cost you i think around $10 or less (someone else correct me if I'm wrong) as compared to the $18-25 pricetag of the real stuff.

You can also get a mini version (I've seen these in CVS or in salons that carry Paul Mitchell Products) if you wanted to test it out first. I got a mini bottle for 6 dollar and I've been hooked ever since!

againstallodds

Paul Mitchell Super Skinny Serum!! It is AMAZING, light weight and gives hair a soft, bouncy and sleek feel. I used to use infusium 23 & water mixture to set but ever since I tried Super Skinny I never turned to anything else. Also, it gives your hair so much slip so when you comb through with a rat-tail comb you don't have as much breakage.

It is pretty pricey but Sally's has Generic versions of most of the Paul Mitchell products (I haven't tried them but I heard they are pretty comparable to the real thing) and those will cost you i think around $10 or less (someone else correct me if I'm wrong) as compared to the $18-25 pricetag of the real stuff.

You can also get a mini version (I've seen these in CVS or in salons that carry Paul Mitchell Products) if you wanted to test it out first. I got a mini bottle for 6 dollar and I've been hooked ever since!

The bolded is exactly what I was going to suggest! I have fine strands that get weighed down easily, this serum is lightweight and leaves my hair shinny. See rollerset in siggy.

MissTripleChoc

Hi

I use Chi silk infusion serum it's extremely light weight and makes my hair texlaxed hair have 'swang' when I flat iron. I normally use a leave-in first then the chi after.
But if I want my hair to have extra swang I only use the chi and no other hair products.

LaidBak

I used Biolage by Matrix Smoothing Serum for a while. I'm not a serum guru, but I liked it well enough. ETA: Correction. I just pulled it out the stash and its Thermal Active Repair Gloss.
For the Super Skinny users, is it also a heat protectant?

Last edited:

almondjoi85

I really like the Paul Mitchell Skinny Serum but also the Kerastase Elixir Ultime is another great option. When using serums remember a little bit goes a long way! Good Luck finding a keeper!