Any serum similiar to John Frieda's Relax Texture Correcting Serum?

Mizani_Mrs

Okay so we all know that John Frieda's 'Relax' product line, for african american hair has been discontinued. :mad: And IMO, his texture correcting serum was the best product for giving slip and eliminating frizzies after washing. Has anyone discovered another serum to relace this one?

Perhaps his serum for thick hair would work but i wonder why it's such a small bottle.

I liked his serum because it is the only product that has allowed me to effortlessly comb thru my hair only one time during washing, (after the conditioner has been washed out and leave-in & serum has been applied). So i thought that was a plus because it equals less combing.

PaperDoll

~the original~
I haven't found one that's comparable :( so I've been buying up all the leftover product I can find :)

Sorry!

luvSLave

PaperDoll said:
I haven't found one that's comparable :( so I've been buying up all the leftover product I can find :)

Sorry!
I've been doing this too. I plan to try the Extra Strength serum from his Frizz Ease line once I run out.

Mizani_Mrs

Nope, i've never tried it. I think i'll give it a try. It's just that it's so many serums on the market these days, it's hard to know which ones have detangling properties and which ones don't. I was feeling a little adventurous one day last wek so i went to walgreens and i bought the anti-frizz serum by 'Got2B' and it did absolutely NOTHING for my hair....so i kinda want opinions so i won't be wasting my money. I think i'll give NTM a try, i hear its going on sale this weekend........

MonaLisa said:
Have any of you tried NTM Serum? :confused:

*Mo looks at Allandra...*

VelvetRain

I wish I knew you were crazy about this product because I just dumped a half full bottle of it last week down the drain. I like this product in the beginning but it just seemed to feel very greasy after awhile. Have you tried Paul Mitchells Serum from the super skinney line?

Mizani_Mrs

Un un, Ms Michelle....tell me you're lying!!!! girl, that serum is worth gold. i'm sure there are other serums that are just as good, so i definitely intend on finding one that i can use FOREVER without it being discontinued!!! OK, so i'll add Paul Mitchell to my 'serum checklist' , right after i try NTM. No i haven't used anything but the john frieda and i also use the Fantasia IC hair polisher. It's good as far as a heat protectant but it doesnt have any detangling properties when my hair is wet. I

michelle3147 said:
I wish I knew you were crazy about this product because I just dumped a half full bottle of it last week down the drain. I like this product in the beginning but it just seemed to feel very greasy after awhile. Have you tried Paul Mitchells Serum from the super skinney line?

VelvetRain

I really hope you can find something that works for you. I wonder why John Frieda's relax line was Discontinued. The only other product I tried besides the serum was the ripple wave maker? I think that's what is was called. Anyway it did nothing to make waves in my hair, but he had a nice blow drying creme that worked really well close to touch up time to straighten my roots.

MonaLisa

Mizani_Mrs said:
Nope, i've never tried it. I think i'll give it a try. It's just that it's so many serums on the market these days, it's hard to know which ones have detangling properties and which ones don't. I was feeling a little adventurous one day last wek so i went to walgreens and i bought the anti-frizz serum by 'Got2B' and it did absolutely NOTHING for my hair....so i kinda want opinions so i won't be wasting my money. I think i'll give NTM a try, i hear its going on sale this weekend........

Glad you're giving it a try. I've used the Relax serum since it came out...then I switched to NTM serum...and have been in love with it ever since.

Hope you like it.;)

L

lkg4healthyhair

The relax serum never really did anything for my hair. I like the NTM now. It makes my hair very soft and tangle free. For $5 its worth a try.

Trinity1

I alternate between the NTM serum and Pantene. Pantene is pretty good but I hate the bottle it comes in. Once you get to the bottom its hard to pump the serum out.

TeeTee2

LiqueXX

Cosigning on the NTM serum, it is very good (but not as thick as JF if that matters to you).

I used to use John Frieda's but $10 was kinda of steep for a product that I don't use on a regular.

Mizani_Mrs

Okay, i finally tried the NTM and you guys are TOTALLY RIGHT. It is so silky and it detangles very well. I will wait til my hair gets nappy again to tell if it is as good as john friedas. The NTM feels and smells soooo goood. The search is over....NTM is my new staple serum....

thanks for your opinions ladies.

Allandra

Tee Tee2 said:
I alternate between the NTM serum and Pantene. Pantene is pretty good but I hate the bottle it comes in. Once you get to the bottom its hard to pump the serum out.
I always wanted to try the Pantene serum (before I discovered NTM serum. How good is it?

L

LaNecia

michelle3147 said:
Have you tried Paul Mitchells Serum from the super skinney line?

I have to second the Super Skinny Serum, :up: that's quite possibly the best serum I've ever used. I've tried the NTM, Sebastians, Freeda, Fantasia, etc. ....