Best Texturizer or Mild Relaxer to get the Spiral effect

What's the Best Texturizer/ Mild Relaxer for that Spiral Effect?

• GentleTreatment Mild Relaxer

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Meli

I have been a natural for a little bit over a year. Please help cause this is going to be my first time doing this...I am a 4b and my hair is very thick and coarse. I just want a spiral effect...loosening effect of my hair. (scared of my hair going straight)

1) What is the best texturizer or mild relaxer lye that I should use? Ors Lye Mild Relaxer, GentleTreatment Mild Lye or Just for Me Texturizer....just to name a few off the top of my head

2) How long should I keep it in?

3) How do I apply it? Should I section it in four and re-section and then apply it by hand with a brush applicator or by hand, Or should I two-strand twist it and apply it?

4) What is the best protein, if any or oils, if any that I should put in the cream? (my hair is extremely dry)

5) What should I do after it has been applied and washed out? e.g. neutralizer

6) I just flat-ironed my hair and applied Joico protein treatment this past weekend, would there be any negative results if I were to texturize my hair this weekend?

7) Any extra advice would be greatly appreciated.....:yep:

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!

what does your curl pattern look like?

there is no relaxer/texturizer that can give you spirals if you don't already have a spiral curl pattern to start with

relaxers/texturizers work by loosening your existing curl pattern

there is no relaxer/texturizer that can give you spirals if you don't already have a spiral curl pattern to start with

What I mean is as close to spirals that I can get....I'm not looking for a miracle. My hair has all different textures in it and I just want to loosen it up. When my hair was heat damaged, it was very spiraly...So maybe I'll get that effect again wihout the damage...

I don't have a texturizer and never had one, so I won't be much help there. but "lovleymissyoli" has a GREAT TECHNIQUE for applying her texturizers. I mean she's got great definition. You might wanna do a search for her and see what she used and check out her technique and her pics. IT really does look great!

I would agree with this. But you should check out LovelyMissYoli's method of applying the relaxer in twists.

I use Phyto I for 8 minutes. I add a little SAA and oil to the relaxer before applying it. I'm extremely happy with my last touch-up. Texturizing is an art (<<I stole that from here). It takes a while to learn how to get consistent results, but I think LovelyMissYoli's technique will make spirals even if you don't already have any. :yep: I wonder if she twisted the roots for her touchup. :thinking:

I use Phyto I for 8 minutes. I add a little SAA and oil to the relaxer before applying it. I'm extremely happy with my last touch-up. Texturizing is an art (<<I stole that from here). It takes a while to learn how to get consistent results, but I think LovelyMissYoli's technique will make spirals even if you don't already have any. :yep: I wonder if she twisted the roots for her touchup. :thinking:

I am so glad that you responded...I tried to PM you but you inbox is full and wouldn't accept anymore.....

What's SAA-silk amino acids...from what product?...

Sareca...could you please tell me in detail how you do your touch-ups and maintain your hair...love your hair by the way....

I am so glad that you responded...I tried to PM you but you inbox is full and wouldn't accept anymore.....

What's SAA-silk amino acids...from what product?...

Sareca...could you please tell me in detail how you do your touch-ups and maintain your hair...love your hair by the way....

I think it's in her fotki...

I think no one wants to vote because the texturizer isn't going to do what you want it to do. It is only going to bring out what you already have there, no matter how you apply it.

I think people just don't want you to be disappointed.

It is the method+ your existing pattern that determines your results. I used Silk Elements Mild.

I have been a natural for a little bit over a year. Please help cause this is going to be my first time doing this...I am a 4b and my hair is very thick and coarse. I just want a spiral effect...loosening effect of my hair. (scared of my hair going straight)

1) What is the best texturizer or mild relaxer lye that I should use? Ors Lye Mild Relaxer, GentleTreatment Mild Lye or Just for Me Texturizer....just to name a few off the top of my head

2) How long should I keep it in?

3) How do I apply it? Should I section it in four and re-section and then apply it by hand with a brush applicator or by hand, Or should I two-strand twist it and apply it?

4) What is the best protein, if any or oils, if any that I should put in the cream? (my hair is extremely dry)

5) What should I do after it has been applied and washed out? e.g. neutralizer

6) I just flat-ironed my hair and applied Joico protein treatment this past weekend, would there be any negative results if I were to texturize my hair this weekend?

7) Any extra advice would be greatly appreciated.....:yep:

THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!!!!

A relaxer by nature won't make any curls.

Why don't you try working with you natural texture for awhile using twists and twists-out?

I think no one wants to vote because the texturizer isn't going to do what you want it to do. It is only going to bring out what you already have there, no matter how you apply it.

I think people just don't want you to be disappointed.

I would agree. Also, I think it's more about the technique than the product used. They're all pretty much going to do the same thing.

I'm recently text'd 4B and I do not have the spiral effect...wasn't looking for it either. Like everyone has said if you don't have it already it's not going to happen. For me though, it did soften my hair a bit and I have less shrinkage, breakage, knots, and issues with my ends. I used Silk Elements Lye Relaxer (mild) for 10 minutes.

Back