Texturizer..Mild Relaxers..Bodifiers???

angelz214

Does anyone know if you smooth the silkener/ texturizer when you leave it on will the silkener still gave you curls/ waves without the frizziness, that what I am looking for. I dont want a looser curl...I am afraid if I apply a texturizer it will make my hair somewhat straight and I like my curls I just want them to be smoother, less frizzy. How can I do that?

And is a texturizer a mild relaxer or is it a regular relaxer left on in a shorter period of time or both? And what is a bodifier...is it just a texturizer?

Sorry :Blush2: I told ya'll I was gonna ask questions.

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
Why not look into that FrizzRemover that is sold in Sally's? They are thio-based so you may or may not contend with dryness.

As for a bodipher, go to the www.jazma.com and they have your answer. From what I read on the box, a texturizer is what you described, a relaxer left on for a shorter period of time. They are lye based so there is a chance of burning.

I hope you find a solution. Good luck.

model_chick717

angelz214 said:
Does anyone know if you smooth the silkener/ texturizer when you leave it on will the silkener still gave you curls/ waves without the frizziness, that what I am looking for. I dont want a looser curl...I am afraid if I apply a texturizer it will make my hair somewhat straight and I like my curls I just want them to be smoother, less frizzy. How can I do that?

And is a texturizer a mild relaxer or is it a regular relaxer left on in a shorter period of time or both? And what is a bodifier...is it just a texturizer?

Sorry :Blush2: I told ya'll I was gonna ask questions.

Hey there! I smooth the relaxer when I texturize, but I think if you just want to combat frizz--I would use a mild relaxer, apply and maybe not smooth, but let it sit for a few minutes and wash out.

angelz214

Thanx Model chick...I was thinking about using a mild relaxer then combing my hair instead of smoothing. But if I comb all throughout the application would my hair be straight or would it just loosen the curl? I am not looking for a looser curl I like my curls and waves but I just want to get rid of some of the frizz.

Champagne_Wishes

A broke graduate
angelz214 said:
Thanx Champagne Wishes...is the FrizzRemover a texturizer? :look: I am not sure but I will look it up.

Yes and no. It is from what I read a very mild chemical that reduces frizz and volume of the hair. It is sold at Sally's. It doesn't straighten the hair, but slightly loosens the curl pattern. Doesn't go well if you have a relaxer on your hair.

model_chick717

angelz214 said:
Thanx Model chick...I was thinking about using a mild relaxer then combing my hair instead of smoothing. But if I comb all throughout the application would my hair be straight or would it just loosen the curl? I am not looking for a looser curl I like my curls and waves but I just want to get rid of some of the frizz.

Well, when I've used a mild relaxer in the past, it didn't really stretch my curls out either--just gave me more curl definition. I would suggest combing it through with medium-tooth comb so that you get even distribution--it's only with a really fine-tooth comb that I see that it stretches the curl more...

You could also "cut" the mild relaxer with a heavy conditioner to make it even lighter to try it. If it doesn't get the curl that you want, you can always go back over it....;)

angelz214

What kind of heavy conditioners did you use to cut the mild relaxer, modelchick? And what mild relaxer do you recommend? I am thinking of Revlon Realistic, Arosci, Affirm and Mizani. By the way, your hurr is so purdy... :grin: