****BEWARE WWW.SOCLOCSOC.COM****

GreenEyedJen

Hey ladies,
Just wanted to make this quick thread to let you guys know that this website is NOT SHIPPING. Even after you pay.

I ordered four LocSocs on the first of this month. The total was a little more than $40 with shipping. I paid through PayPal and expected everything to be fine, as one of my favorite YouTuber's ordered through the website with no problems. She placed her order over a year ago, but I didn't pay that much mind.

I hadn't heard anything as of the 8th of the month. I sent an e-mail to the address PayPal had listed, and never received a response. I searched Facebook and sent Ray (the owner) a message. No response. I opened a dispute with PayPal on the 12th. No response. In a few days I'm going to escalate the dispute to a claim and try to get my money back.

I'm really blown, not even so much about the money but more because I really wanted these Socs, and now because of how I've been treated I won't even be able to get one through a hair show (I don't patronize businesses that treat customers like this). Don't get me wrong though, the money sucks too. Hopefully I'll get a full refund.

Guess I'll get the Sue Maesta hood.

Embyra

GreenEyedJen Hey yup i have ordered from them before in the last 6 months and will be making another purchase in a month

I received my stuff quickly and you get a booklet and dvd about their new line as they change the designs with the seasons :yep:

Chameleonchick

NOOOOOO! I just ordered from them yesterday. I was hesitant but I am like that with most vendors. I only bought one but I hope it comes anyways. 12 bucks is a big deal for me I have cut back on my spending and I had to justify this purchase.

Lynnerie

I've ordered from them in the past and honestly I wasn't too impressed with it but then again I didn't have locs either.

Its a shame that some companies just don't hang in there and have the nerve to still accept payment when they aren't really in business. Then they get mad when you don't support. SMH.

I hope you get your money back or they send you your items ASAP.

cbanks67

Well, apparently you did something right bc you can't click on items to order anymore when I went to the site. They need to take it down or put a message that they are not taking orders anymore.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
Thanks cuz I've been wanting to get a few more socs...,love them to maintain my wng's. I'm gonna check out that buff thing.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

BostonMaria

I'm wicked nosy so I went to the site today and this is the message I received on the main page

"This site has been suspended"

Whoever ordered from them I suggest you contact paypal ASAP

reeko43

Thanks sooo much! What a coincidence, I just checked the site out last night. I was going to order one for a friend. OP I really hope you get your product or your money back. I hate to hear about people being scammed. Even if the company is experiencing troubles, they can at least give you a refund.

reeko43

Embrya, thanks for the info. What a variety! Just ordered for my friend. May order for myself to run outside in cold weather.

GreenEyedJen

UPDATE!

After escalating my dispute to a claim, my Loc Soc's were shipped the same day. *Insert side eye smiley here*. They also sent an e-mail apologizing and stating that they would refund my money. I have not received a refund, but at least my items were shipped.

I honestly think the items were sent because my complaining was about to get them shut down permanently. I'm not going to order from them again and I'm not holding my breath for that refund.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I use the buff its the same thing only more colours better fabric....

https://www.buffwear.com/catalog/index.php/cPath/52
Embrya Which buff do you recommend? I see a lot of different ones and I haven't seen many reviews on these....the original one I'm guessing? I also see a women's slim fit. I do want mine to be kinda tight but not too tight....my last loc soc was way too loose and I had to pin it in the back plus tie it on with a strip of satin to be sure it dosen't come off in my sleep lol. I'm gonna get one of these for summer. I like how they are longer than the loc soc.

Chameleonchick

Embrya Which buff do you recommend? I see a lot of different ones and I haven't seen many reviews on these....the original one I'm guessing? I also see a women's slim fit. I do want mine to be kinda tight but not too tight....my last loc soc was way too loose and I had to pin it in the back plus tie it on with a strip of satin to be sure it dosen't come off in my sleep lol. I'm gonna get one of these for summer. I like how they are longer than the loc soc.

I just bought the original buff and it is not tight at all. I should have tried the slim but I already used my allotted hair money until June.

Embyra

Pokahontas Hey yeah you wont see alot of reviews on these as they not marketed for hair like the others but like you noticed these are longer than the locsoc which is great i think :yep:

I was afraid they would come off too but i havent had that problem i got the original one but i would suggest getting the womens version for a more ''snug'' fit

My head is big so original is fine for me:look::lol:

Or order original and the slim fit and have one you wear on your ''casual'' house bound days lol

Last edited:

Embyra

Last edited:

robot.

My hair isn't long enough to worry about no type of fruit no time soon :lol:, but some hair treatments can be drippy so this looks like a good idea to keep everything from getting too messy. Thanks!

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
@Pokahontas Hey yeah you wont see alot of reviews on these as they not marketed for hair like the others but like you noticed these are longer than the locsoc which is great i think :yep:

I was afraid they would come off too but i havent had that problem i got the original one but i would suggest getting the womens version for a more ''snug'' fit

My head is big so original is fine for me:look::lol:

Or order original and the slim fit and have one you wear on your ''casual'' house bound days lol
Thanks! Yeah I noticed how they are marked towards bikers lol. I said I'd ride SO's bike this summer but I ain't trying to look like a bike chick, lol j/k I saw some designs I could go with and yea it's great they are longer because my hair hangs out of my locsoc.