Bible study & comprehension

Amour

Hi Ladies,

I want to truly study the Bible. I've read it in its entirety but I have not gained true comprehension.

I want to get my masters in the Bible. I want to tear into it and really come to grips with it.

Can anyone recommend a curriculum, study method, online resources, or tips on how you have gone about it?

I want to create folders of my study and be able to go back and refer to my notes, truly help those in times of need through my proper comprehension of what the Bible teaches us.

Thanks!

sidney

That sounds awesome, one of my relatives has gone to seminary school and highly recommends strong's concordance and the Life Application bible.

ETA: You have such an awesome desire to help people; I pray he helps you find all the resourced you need and more. I will try to find out from my relative what else to use....I know there is another good bible to use but I can't remember what it is.

Last edited:

Amour

That sounds awesome, one of my relatives has gone to seminary school and highly recommends strong's concordance and the Life Application bible.

ETA: You have such an awesome desire to help people; I pray he helps you find all the resourced you need and more. I will try to find out from my relative what else to use....I know there is another good bible to use but I can't remember what it is.

Awww thank you sidney :)

loolalooh

I cosign with sidney on Strong's Concordance and Life Application Bible. I've only used the latter, but it truly helped with comprehension immensely. For certain verses, it gives you the background historical information, explanation of verses, or application to modern day.

sidney

Amour, I was able to get the recommendations. They said Thompson Chain Reference Bible is a good source because it provides supporting scriptures for the word you get so you can easily find it in multiple places. Also it's a good idea to get a bible dictionary to look up the meaning of words. HTH.

Amour

Amour, I was able to get the recommendations. They said Thompson Chain Reference Bible is a good source because it provides supporting scriptures for the word you get so you can easily find it in multiple places. Also it's a good idea to get a bible dictionary to look up the meaning of words. HTH.

Thanks sidney, I will check the Thompson chain ref Bible out :yep:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Hi Ladies,

I want to truly study the Bible. I've read it in its entirety but I have not gained true comprehension.

I want to get my masters in the Bible. I want to tear into it and really come to grips with it.

Can anyone recommend a curriculum, study method, online resources, or tips on how you have gone about it?

I want to create folders of my study and be able to go back and refer to my notes, truly help those in times of need through my proper comprehension of what the Bible teaches us.

Thanks!

I wanna do this.......I have been saying it for a while but dont know where to start.