BIG MESH ROLLERS + small hair pins = What now?

Faith

So1913 :)kiss:) was kind enough to send me some mesh rollers. I got the 1 3/4" one and the 1 1/2" ones. The pins work well with the smaller ones but is not quite long enough for the larger ones. Do they sell longer pins? I can't use the clips that some use for the magnetic rollers. They never stay in for me. What else can be done? Thanks.

mommatide

i have never had any that big. i was looking for some today. i have the 1 1/2, where did she get the larger ones? sallys did not have them.

aileenadq

mommatide said:
i have never had any that big. i was looking for some today. i have the 1 1/2, where did she get the larger ones? sallys did not have them.

Ditto. Where DID she get the bigger ones?

Faith

Hey you all aren't answering my question...lol.
Not sure where she got them. So1913 where are you? They were the Annie brand.

myco

I have the 1 3/4 inch ones and I use the standard pins. I found the Annie brand in an Asian BSS. The ones I really have troubling keeping in are the back row and on the sides. I've never seen longer pins, but that would help keep them in. As of right now, I find that rolling the hair up instead of down and then using a small bobby pin to secure it helps.

crlsweetie912

I have seen longer pins here in our BSS. They are metal I think with a plastic covering. Off to find a picture! BRB.

I think these are longer than the plastic (white) ones. HTH.

Last edited:

Allandra

Faith,

I have large rollers and regular length pins. Just place the pin on the inside of the roller to anchor the roller. You don't have to be in the middle of the roller to do this, as long as it's in there, it should work just fine.

crlsweetie912

Faith, I sent you a pm and I also saw 2" mesh rollers, they are white. Any ladies needing the large mesh rollers, they had lots of them in the BSS in my area. I will purchase for you and send them to you if you like!

Faith

Allandra, I tried the way you said and it wouldn't stay in.

But what a sweetheart...crlsweetie PMed me offering to send me the 3 1/2" pins she bought. :kiss:

so1913

Oh foo :( Sorry they weren't long enough. I see someone offered to help you out, but I can check again this weekend for bigger ones if you'd like.

I picked them up at one of many BSS in Paterson, NJ. I think they also had sizes larger than the 1 3/4.

Faith

so1913 said:
Oh foo :( Sorry they weren't long enough. I see someone offered to help you out, but I can check again this weekend for bigger ones if you'd like..
No worries..I didn't even think of it; remember I didn't even think to ask for pins :lol: But crlsweetie is going to mail them after work. Thanks though :)

so1913

Faith said:
No worries..I didn't even think of it; remember I didn't even think to ask for pins :lol: But crlsweetie is going to mail them after work. Thanks though :)

I swear this has to be a Canadian saying!!! Every person I've met from Canada says "No worries"...it's cute ;)

Faith

so1913 said:
I swear this has to be a Canadian saying!!! Every person I've met from Canada says "No worries"...it's cute ;)
LOL! Do they? LOL!

Faith, I sent the pins Saturday Morning!!! They are on the way! I hope they work for you
Thank-you again...you rock :)