Bigen Hair Color

Miss*Tress

I used Black Brown last year a couple of weeks after a relaxer. It made my hair much darker all over, but that's because the relaxer lightens my hair. My hair wasn't damaged or dry in any way when I used it.

I want to use it again, but am (past) due for another relaxer, so I'll leave it until after.

Miss*Tress

I'm going to give in and color my hair with Bigen *before* getting a touch-up. Has anyone tried this? Good or bad experience?

TIA

HoneyDew

Miss*Tress said:
I'm going to give in and color my hair with Bigen *before* getting a touch-up. Has anyone tried this? Good or bad experience?

TIA

I did it a week before and did not have a problem.

ekomba

At the advice of someone, I purchased this hair color for gray. I also bought FO-TI so I won't have to do this again.

Anyway, the stuff is super easy to use. Problem #1: it is intense and it stained my vanity, sink and floor - I am working on that. I bought one box of the stuff. My hair is pretty thick when it is nappy and I ran out. Therefore, I am sure that one side of my hair is darker than the other. The color is very intense as stated earlier. I got black brown and now it seems like my hair is almost blue black; it was black brown pre-color.

Drying effects: I can't really be sure. The hair feels funny with the color on it. However, my hair is super nappy (6 weeks which is WAYYYY too long for me to wait for a relaxer) and, therefore, I can't tell if it feels funny because I washed it while it had too much new growth or if it is the color.

Gray coverage: I would have to think that it covers excellently. My hair is so dark I can't imagine a gray strand escaping the color.

I get my relaxer tomorrow and should know more about the true condition of the hair.

Overall, I am pleased because 1) it's quick and 2) the color took without any effort by me.

wow you got a dark black with the black brown? i never tried it i use generally 2 packs i mixed 2 colors last time the oriental black and the blue black or something like that i really love the results. i found it elongated my 4b hair , i had less shrinkage. I know the oriental black is a dye so that s why but yeah it does stain the sink though:( i found it left my hair softer as i followed it with my cond and that s it i could not keep my hands off of my hair and a couple of days before that i did a amla powder treatment mixed with olive oil and some room temperature purified water. My hair is always soft but softer with the oriental black/praital combo

Last edited:

atlien11

You might want to read up on the PPD chemicals used in this product before you use it. Its caused so pretty bad reactions for people after the first use and even after many uses. It makes me sad because this product works very well. If you dont care about chemicals (although PPD's are REALLY bad on your scalp b/c of the absorption factor), ignore this post.

Jadacrys

I used texture and tones last month. Do you think that I could switch to Bigen? Would they counteract with one another somehow?