Hair Color Has Turned Black

ilong

God's Own
My hair color is normally dark brown/black - (1B color). Yesterday I noticed it has definitely gotten darker - closer to black. Even some of my gray hairs are darker. I don't do rinses (coffe, tea,ayurvedic, etc.), so that could not be the reason for the darker hair color. I think it may the
chlorella or spirulina supplements that I take.
Anyone else experience a change of hair color without hennas, rinses, etc.

ETA: Did a quick google search and looks like chlorella is what's turning the hairs black. Now you all know that I'm not sad or mad that my gray hairs are turning black,:grin:. Another great benefit of chlorella. They keep surfacing and that is fantastic!!

Last edited:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
WTH ilong?! You telling a girl who's well on her way to salt and pepper that chlo can change the hair back to black...?! Shoot, I got a stash of chlo in the pantry, lemme get back on it stat! See you in the chlorella thread :lol:

TheNDofUO

Anything that will make your hair strands thicker will probably make them darker. All my fine strands are almost medium brown while my thick ones are black

ilong

God's Own
@DarkJoy - :grin: I hear ya - another added benefit of chlorella!
At first I thought I it wasn't possible- but I asked my daughter to look at my hair and she agreed. Several sites mention "gray hair reversal" as a chlorella benefit. Of course for all of my reading on this - "gray hair reversal" did not stick as I was focused on hair growth. My chlorella intake ranges from 10-14 grams daily and I hope to increase it. What I am discovering is daily consistent dosing is required to realize benefits

If you take it itermittently or low doses - results are low level. Higher benefits are realized with the higher doses. Most studies I have read indicate dosing of 40-50 tablets daily for benefits in improving health issues such as diabetes, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, etc.
I did't see improvement in my knees until my dosing reached 10 grams and higher.

Now for that hair growth!!!:grin::grin:

JC-Junkie

ilong YAAAAY another benefit !!! :grin: Your the true Sherlock of chlorella :lol::lol::lol:

I'm about to increase from 6 tabs to 8 today seeing as my body has responded well to the increase to 6. Means I'm up to 4.8g and then take 8 tabs of spirulina which makes 4g :yep: increasing a little more frequently now :grin: EXCITED !!!

ilong

God's Own
MileHighDiva
I started back taking chlorella January 15th this year. I only missed about 3 days due to health tests.

JC-Junkie - yes it is so exciting and rewarding. Seeing positive results which you know are attributed to a supplment is great motivation. I am discovering chlorella and spirulina are definitely "superfoods".
Praise God I am not afflicted by any health issues, but if I were, from what I've experienced so far, I think chlorella/spirulina would help treat the issue. Think I'll go take 4 of each now - to get a good start on the day.:lol: JC awesome progress with your dosage increase. Keep the chlorella thread up to date on youre progress.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
ooh ilong You and Chlorella, I'm so tempted but I don't want to start if I can't see my self keeping up with it. What form do you take it in pills/powder/drink?

ilong

God's Own
Nix08 - IKR - you would think I got paid for advertising:lachen:
But it is an absolute fantastic supplement, along with its twin,spirulina.

You are right not to start if you won't be consistent. I think you would be wasting your money and never see benefits. Although I do not take any presciption meds - I consider me taking them on the same level as people who have to take, heart, high blood pressure and/or insulin daily.

Lord willing, my taking these supplements will help prevent me from having to ever take "daily prescription medications". You take moringa, right? That is a superfood as well. Not sure how it compares to chlorella or spirulina but I do know it is considered a superfood also.

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
Yes I drink moringa powder as a tea every day and when I miss a day I feel it:nono:
Do you take the chlorella pills? I actually bought a bottle of chlorella concentrated liquid one morning after you mentioned it in the oil pulling thread then returned it:ohwell: But like the law of relativety it keeps coming up....I think I need to figure out how to work it in my schedule and get on it. Like you I have no health issues and I really shouldn't take that for granted.

ilong

JC-Junkie

ilong will do ! And I'll keep you up to date with my brothers too :grin:
I believe my little brother said he has more energy from the chlorella supplements already so I know its doing some great things already ! Praise God! :grin:

Last edited:

Just11412

ilong girl i was either going to say its got to be the chlorella or the oil pulling you have been doing. i heard both cause the hair to get blacker.

my hair is naturally very very black so i haven't noticed anything.

go chlorella gangsta and oil pulling thug!

ilong

God's Own
Nix08 - answers to our prayers and desires come in different ways. "He who has ears let him hear (Matt 11:15, Revelations and Mark). :grin:
"He stands at the door knocking..." (Rev. 3:20)

Sometimes God prepares us for things to come - things which we know nothing about. Wisdom and discernment will guide you, regarding chlorella.

JC-Junkie - that is great news about your brother. Chlorella is high in protein [spirulina has a higher protein content (60-70%)] , which is converted to energy - so your brother(s) may be become "super-athletes" if they keep taking their superfood. :yep: Yes - Praise God!!!

go chlorella gangsta and oil pulling thug!
Just11412 - yep you got that right^^^. I have chlorella in one slip of my holster and spirulina in the other slip. Ima lookin' to take down pain, illness, and grow some long purty black hurr!!! :lachen: But you know you were the one who turned me into a gangsta', right? Causing me to take chlorella powder straight (right out the bottle) :lol:

I think a new gangsta' is ridin' towards Chlorella town >>>> DarkJoy - she heard about some black purty hurr and decided to saddle up. :yep:

Kindheart - be sure to read the chlorella thread. There is a "ton" of excellent information in that thread - thanks to some of the earlier posters. I realize it is long - but so worth it.

JC-Junkie

ilong :cool2::afro::cool::strong::boxing:

I'm really happy they are seeing the benefits already ! :grin:
Do you think that as well as eating a bit more than my normal intake of calories the protein in chlorella and spirulina could help me put on some weight also ?

I'm still trying to understand what oil pulling is though :blush: :lol: I've been reading a bit about it but I think I've been reading about oil pulling referring to the teeth whitening one

Last edited:

ilong

God's Own
JC-Junkie - I think chlorella and spirulina promote weight loss. Because they are foods - you get the "full fiilling" as you do after eating a large meal, so your appetite for real food is decreased. Additionally, because they are high in protein (converted to energy) calorie burn should increase due to higher activity.

I would say that you should investigate increasing other areas of your diet (i.e. healthy starches and carbohydrates)

Just11412

ilong ain't nothin' wrong with thuggin' it out.

DarkJoy if you gonna be a chlorella gangsta you got to do the initiation drink (no chaser, no smoothie just water). you can do it.

JC-Junkie

Thank you ilong I have just read that both do promote weight loss. So I'll be increasing my healthy carbs, proteins and starches like you suggested :yep:

This is all part of my "I ain't playin" mission like you :grin: but I'll try and put my whole goals and aims in that thread :yep:

I'm yet to take my powders gangsta style, I'm afraid :lol:

ilong

God's Own
@ilong ain't nothin' wrong with thuggin' it out.

@DarkJoy if you gonna be a chlorella gangsta you got to do the initiation drink (no chaser, no smoothie just water). you can do it.

Just11412 - ^^^^OMG!!! I died laughing!!! DarkJoy where yu' at? Com' on take that slug and be a bonafide "chlorella gangsta' ":lachen:

- you got that right - I want that purty long hair - and I ain't scared to thug it out. :grin: When this new black hurr starts sliding down my back - I'm going to buy a pair of new high heel leather boots and a matching bomber leather jacket. I Ain't Playin':lol:

ilong

God's Own
Thank you @ilong I have just read that both do promote weight loss. So I'll be increasing my healthy carbs, proteins and starches like you suggested :yep:

This is all part of my "I ain't playin" mission like you :grin: but I'll try and put my whole goals and aims in that thread :yep:

I'm yet to take my powders gangsta style, I'm afraid :lol:

"afraid"???? that will be a negatory!!! I already know you're a slugga' with all the research and fast action you've taken. So just gon' now and order that there powder and take the slug so when your dosage increases to 15+ grams daily you will already be dosin' gangsta style. (As Hollis on Scandal said "gon' now - git":lachen::lol:)

and @KiWiStyle - she was a "chlorella gangsta'" from the "git". :grin: Then she was the new sheriff in town going from 3g to 9g in a week. :lol: Gunsmoke watch out!!!! KiWiStyle Ain't Playin" :lachen:

Last edited:

JC-Junkie

ilong :lachen::lol: your too funny :grin:

I'll attempt to take the powders gansta style, hopefully next week when I increase, I'll take half a teaspoon first and increase :grin: I have to maintain my chlorella gansta image :cool2: :lol:

DarkJoy

Bent. Not Broken.
@DarkJoy if you gonna be a chlorella gangsta you got to do the initiation drink (no chaser, no smoothie just water). you can do it.

@Just11412 - ^^^^OMG!!! I died laughing!!! @DarkJoy where yu' at? Com' on take that slug and be a bonafide "chlorella gangsta' ":lachen:

Dang! Ya'll jump in the new chlorella 'G's hard, huh?!?!

I just CHEWED the tablet. Who's going harder than that?!?!:lachen::lol:
Glad I have a coffee chaser :lol: ilong and Just11412!

First tablet in a year, and I ain't playin this year... It'll be a while before I'm thugging it up like you ladies. 1 tablet a day for a few days, then I'll double it... bam!

Nix08

Relaxed, 4B
DarkJoy you have company. ..took my 2 little pills this morning. I ain't got time for major detox. ..had enough with oil pulling already.

ilong

God's Own
Kindheart - did you purchase your chlorella and spirulina yet? Please check out and consider posting your questions and updates in the chlorella thread.

JC-Junkie - oil pulling is simply swishing oil in your mouth for twenty minutes and then spitting it out. It is good for oral health, detox and other heath conditions. In addition to the LHCF oil pulling thread, there are a couple of internet sites on oil pulling.

DarkJoy - I think "chewing one of those tablets" is definitely "gangsta style". I recall one getting "left behind in my mouth" last week and the taste was not a palate delight. :nono:

Renewed1 - sorry for what? <smile> nothing to be sorry about. We are all here (I hope) to share with, help, encourage and motivate one another. If I were just starting out - my step one would be to read as much of the chlorella thread on LHCF as possible. The reason: we know that the comments and experiences on LHCF are from REAL people and most likely true. (sorry you all - nothing is absolute) Second - I would research the www - for additional information, especially any risks, concerns, etc. (for example I take spirulina but anyone with autoimmune conditions should not take it) If there are no concerns with your taking them - I would then look at some of the recent posts on the chlorella thread to get an idea of what brand, strength and sites members are purchasing their products. Next, place your order. After you receive your products make a spreadsheet with the ingredients of each of your supplements and see with their is overlap in ingredients. You may be able to stop taking one or more supplements due to overlap and save $. Lastly, start SLOWLY with a low dosage and increase a little week to week. I rule of thumb is increase 2-3g - if I feel nauseated or "heavy" I reduce by 1g.
Oops - you asked for Step One and I gave you a plan - sorry!!!! :blush:
I have used the following chlorella brands sin Jan 15, 2013:
Source Natural 500mg - good but too many pills to take for my high intake
Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella1000mg - not good - too many fillers
NOW 1000mg - good - may or may not purchase again
Source Naturals yaeyama powder - EXCELLENT - yaeyama is recognized AS BEST form of chlorella delivering highest nutrients, with a CGF and a - high strength will small intake (tsp. is 3g )

JC-Junkie

ilong Ohhhh I thought so, because I watched a video about it on Youtube, but then I thought there was another thing called oil pulling so I was confused

Thank you for clearing that up :grin: