Bill Nye the Science Guy: Parents--don't teach your kids "Creationism"

auparavant

I believe in the creation story as partly narrative of Genesis. I believe that people probably evolved or that there were beings similar to humans. I also believe that the world has taken millions of years to develop. Science and creationism can merge if Genesis is taken as a narrative and not as strictly chronological.

RegaLady

I believe in the creation story as partly narrative of Genesis. I believe that people probably evolved or that there were beings similar to humans. I also believe that the world has taken millions of years to develop. Science and creationism can merge if Genesis is taken as a narrative and not as strictly chronological.

Interesting.

I have taken mythology courses and many cultures had their own version of creation, some inspired by Christianity others not. No one was there when the world was made and what we know today in creation stories was man's way of trying to conceptualize how the world began. I tend to go with science considering there are logical studies put into the work, however I think this forming of things was brought forth by a force in which we call "God". I think the two can coexist but on a personal level considering all religions have their own form of creationism. Not everyone believes in a Christian God so it would be unfair to teach it in public schools.

auparavant

Remember Big Bang theory...I've thought of it in terms of Genesis...."And G-d said, 'Let there be light.'" Voila', Big Bang. It just didn't happen by itself but was guided...but it surely took a long time for all this to have formed imho.

loveafterwar

Philosophy and organic chemistry have these subjects covered.

Intelligent Design or Creationism or all the other euphemisms for Theology should be taught in church or through parochial education.

I took Philosophy of Religion last year in school....that was a deeeeeeeeppppppp class.

loveafterwar

Evolution teaches how we came from apes and everything supposedly started from organisms in the water.

Very common misconception actually. Evolution doesn't explain how life started. It seeks to explain how life has changed. In Darwin's (a minister) Origin of Species he didn't say anything about where humans came from. They say humans and apes share a common ancestor. I personally don't believe that, but seeing as I'm a science major I understand evolution perfectly. I think that evolution and creationism can co-exist and don't believe that they have to be pitted against each other. Science and religion get along just fine with me so I don't get why people think you have to completely embrace one and deny the other.

auparavant

If a thousand years are like one day, then what are years? Perhaps millions? Genesis is narrative. Does not mean it's not true, but that it's not exactly chronological in the sense that we know the exact times.

Blackpearl1993

I'm laughing at the bolded above; "experience some form of results" :lol:

Seriously though....

My children... my son and my daughter. I fought 'hell' for them and refused to give up. And it paid off. Yes, I caught all kinds of opposition and criticism , but it didn't and couldn't stop me. My babies lives and their souls were at stake... literally. The devil was out to kill my son with drugs and all kinds of mess.

But God... God and His unfailing love and His unfailing promises and His unfailing Word.... God saved my children.

If any parents are reading this,

You MUST not allow this world to steal your children. It doesn't matter what the laws try to dictate to you. It doesn't matter if other people criticise you... this is about saving your child's / children's lives. Ignore the Job's criticizers and keep fighting for your children with the Word of God. Keep feeding your children God's word and let your children know that they have God's permission and yours to refuse to believe the lies that people say otherwise.

Get in your child's school and demand to know what and how they are being taught. If it ain't of God, file a complaint. Get other parents to join you. Form a group and write letters to everyone involved in your child's education letting them know what your expectations are.

Listen... if that Madelyn O'Hare woman, if the gays, if Roe vs Wade can make such drastic changes in our system, why not you? There's power in you that you never thought existed and you do not have to spend your tax dollars where you are not being accomodated. This is what the gays are using as their entitlement, you can do it as well and succeed. :cup:

Don't let anyone tell you that you cannot protect your child from being taught the wrong theologies. AND you do not have to hide behind closed doors and windows as a prisoner in your own home, keeping the Lord out of the public view. If sin can be so publicly displayed, your faith can just as boldly come out from the shade.

Fight for your babies... God will allow you to win every battle. :love2:

Amen, amen! Each of us needs to be and raise our children to be justice keepers in the gate. We must be willing to give up ALL in order to please God. Don't be afraid to be "different". Hubby and I are criticized often for the choices we make regarding our children. I don't care. We are the ones who will answer directly to God for how we stewarded the children HE gave to us.

Blackpearl1993

DDTexlaxed

The bolded.... this is sooooooo true. :lol:

I am soooo serious. I go to Whole Foods and other health food stores and I'm telling you, many of the folks who shop in these stores are 'evolutionists' and they dress weird and talk weird. Everything is about the 'Universe'. What the Universe has to say ... what the Universe has to offer. I mean these people are straight up granola and nuts and raisins with this Universe craziness. I have to ask them, where is God who created the Universe?

That's when they look at you (I need Nice & Wavy's Samuel Jackson gif) with a major side eye and they walk away real fast in a scurry (scared and hurry). :lol:

Okay.... I read this and laughed so loud I almost woke up everyone in the house (it's currently 3:00 a.m.). Thank a lot, Shimmie :lachen:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Okay.... I read this and laughed so loud I almost woke up everyone in the house (it's currently 3:00 a.m.). Thank a lot, Shimmie :lachen:

:giggle: You're so welcome my love...

But it's true.... :lol:

AND Blessings to you and Hubby for standing without waivering; we have to protect our children and guard their hearts with the knowledge, the love and armour of God. Good for you. :up: Your children have champions for parents. :cup:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Shimmie

I'm reminded of this

Colossians 1:
16For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:
17And he is before all things, and by him all things consist.

Iwanthealthyhair67 ....

Awesome word, which cannot be refuted. And it's so simple to understand. :yep: