Bill Maher

vickiepickles

All About Me!
I have this in the Entertainment forum also:

HBO's Bill Maher Says Christians Have Neurological Disorder, Are Crazy

Bill Maher, host of HBO's Real Time With Bill Maher, says that all Christians are crazy and are unenlightened because of their faith. Maher made the comments on MSNBC's Scarborough Country.

Maher said: "We are a nation that is unenlightened because of religion…I think that religion stops people from thinking. I think it justifies crazies. I think that flying planes in a building was a faith-based initiative. I think religion is a neurological disorder. If you look at it logically, it's something that was drilled into your head when you were a small child."

"When you look at belief in such things--as do you go to heaven, is there a devil--we have more in common with (Muslin countries) Turkey and Iran and Syria than we do with European nations and Canada and nations that, yes, I would consider more enlightened that us."

Maher said he wasn't speaking only of evangelicals, but included all religious people. He said he agreed with Jesse Ventura "who had that quote about religion is a crutch for weak-minded people who need strength in numbers."

Because of their neurological disorder, he said Christians "do not believe in science and rationality." He went on to say the future does not belong to religion. One recalls the famous quote from the Beatles in the 60's that they "were more popular than Jesus."

According to Maher, the Bible is a book of fairy tales, calling the account of Jonah a fairy tale the same as Jack in the Beanstalk.

Had Maher said such things about homosexuals, he would have been immediately fired. But because he was speaking of Christians, his bigotry was acceptable to HBO, owned by Time Warner Inc.

TAKE ACTION

Send Mr. Maher an email saying you regret he has such a low view of Christians, and will pray that he be "enlightened" as to the true nature of Christianity. Explain to him that Christians appreciate the good science does and most Christians are rational individuals.

pebbles

That's ok. He can call me brain dead for all I care. We'll all see him on judgement day if he doesn't change his thinking and repent before then. :look:

AnnDriena_

Lee Strobel is the best selling author who wrote the Case For Christ after he was on a mission to prove Christianity wrong. Strobel was an atheist and didn't have religion "drilled into his head". Much like many others who come to Christ and didn't have any religious leanings.
Bill Maher has jumped from bimbo to bimbo looking for love. The guy didn't even have the cajones to break up with his girlfriend. He did it in a letter. He's the neurological crazy one if you ask me.

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
It seems like he's not very enlightened or has been isolated to think all these crazy things. he surely has the wrong idea about Christians.

AnnDriena_

Let somebody say there are some homosexuals who are that way because they were molested by other homosexuals at a young age and they would be up in arms because that's not politically correct, but you can say anything you want about Christians.:mad: