BIOSTRAND Products Review (LONG)

ms_kenesha

<font color="blue"> Here's my review: (I posted this on BHCAB, thought it might be of interest to y'all!)

I of course have not used it consistently &amp; I used it when I was slacking off, but anywho! The products are supposed to be used in steps and there's 4 steps, plus a sub-set that you do every 8 to 12 wks.). Oh and it's not all natural, not that there's anything wrong with that. I just wanted you to know it's not, but there are a good number of natural ingredients.

STEP 1:The shampoo - Clinsme. It was really thick and a weird consistency, plus the directions said to shampoo 3xs and I was wondering if that was just a way to use up the 'poo faster and buy more!

Ingredients: water, sodiumc14-16 olefin sulfonate, cocamidopropyl betanine, cocamide dea, wheat germamidopropyldimethylamine lactate, glycol stearate, polyquaternium-7, rosemary extract, quillaja (soap bark), olive oil, nettle extract,horsetail grass extract, panthenol, citric acid, dmdm hytdantonin, methylparaben, fragrance

STEP 2: The conditioner - Cortephx. This is a good creamy conditioner. The directions say that after normal shampoo use w/ a plastic cap (warm dryer is optional) for 10-20 min for normal hair 30 min for damaged hair. If used after relaxer it should be used for 20-25 min (NO HEAT).

Ingredients: water, propylene glycol, meadowfoam seed oil, glycerin, emulsifying wax, safflower oil, stearalkonium chloride, stearamidopropyl dimethylamide, polysorbate 20, sodium isosterol, lactylate, panthenol, aloe vera oil, indian cress extract, southernwood extract, citric acid, quaternium-79, hydrolyzed silk, propylparaben, fragrance

STEP 2.1: Structurein - hair strengthening formula. (APPLY CORTEPHX AT THE SCALP AND STRUCTUREIN TO THE HAIR)

1. Follow normal biostrand procedures, do not rinse cortephx. Gently detangle using a large comb, leave hair as smooth and moist as possible.
2. Apply structurein in small amoutns (in thinlayers) from the scalp, out to the ends of the hair using fingers keeping palms open. Apply more if needed.
3. Cover with a plastic cap (for recommended time) &amp; rinse immediately. A. after 3 mins. on naturally straight to naturally wavy hair. B. After 5 mins. on over curly and or chemically damaged hair of any texture. (OR AFTER RELAXER TREATMENT) Rinse well using warm water.

Ingredients: water, stearalkonium chloride,emulsifying wax, ceatryl alcohol, castor oil, safflower oil, stearamidopropyl dimethylamide, polysorbate 20, sodium isosterol lactylate, hydrolyzed wheat protein, polysulfonic acid, dmdm hytdantonin, methylparaben, propylparaben

STEP 3: Phorme - Conditioning/Moisturizing &amp; styling mist. This is like a creamy leave-in that comes in a pump. After step 1 &amp; 2, mist phorme into hair as needed then set, dry, blowdry, or press &amp; curl.

Ingredients: water, propylene glycol, meadowfoam seed oil,stearalkonium chloride, sodium isosterol, lactylate, ceatryl alcohol, polysorbate 20, panthenol, aloe vera oil, sage extract, chamomile extract, quaternium-79, hydrolyzed silk, benzophenone-4, dmdm hytdantonin, methylparaben, fragrance

STEP 4: FINE - Light moisturizing &amp; strengthening polish. Wet hair apply before sets, wraps, gels, blow drying, pressing. Dry hair apply after taking down rollers, wraps, &amp; hot curling, then comb and style.

Ingredients: meadowfoam seed oil,tridecyl stearate, neopentylglycol dicaprylate/dioaprate, tridecyl trimellitate, wheatgerm oil, dimethylamine lactylate, sage extract, rosemary extract, phenoxyethanol, fragrance

I think I'll have to give the products another try being a more informed hair person now!

HTH</font color>