Black haired ladies

caramelma

Do you use semi permanent or permanent hair color? what brand are you using? currently i use adore semi but i was thinking about permanent for that longer lasting color. but i heard that permanent color thins the hair over time from the extra chemicals.

I use Sebastian Laminates celophane. I tried a permenant color at the beginning of the year thinking it would do no harm because it was not lifting color. I was wrong. My hair started shedding heavily. :sad: I could just sit and pull strands of hair out. That was my experience, but I used a drug store brand.

I just recently began using Colora Pre-mixed Henna...it has indigo already mixed into the powder...(thanks passionfruit :grin:)...it's a little messy but I loved the end result.

The pics and info listed are from Amazon.com
http://www.amazon.com/Colora-Henna-...ef=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1215003931&sr=1-5

Colora Henna works wonders for your hair, particularly if it feels dull and lifeless.
Natural Henna adds body and bounce and offers a choice of rich but subtle color changes.
Colora brightens and highlights your hair, leaving it gleaming and elegant.
Color your hair in just 4 easy steps.
Add color, condition and body with no peroxide or ammonia.

It also comes in a creme that's probably less messy (but it has other chems in it)...

317ERR9MQGL._SL500_AA190_.jpg

Product Features

Guaranteed to cover gray hair.
Semi-Permanent hair coloring and nourishing treatment for the hair.
No peroxide, ammonia, resorcinol, PPD, parabens or heavy metals.
Semi-permanent hair coloring in a cream that revitalizes and conditions the hair.
Easy to use.

i use bigen permanent....in semi permanent the sun turn my hair to shades of brown for some reason and i like my hair black black

subscribing....I may be interested in coloring all-black once I turn 40....which is right around the corner for me!!

How long does one treatment last?
How often do you need to "touch-up"?
Does it wash away quickly? (I wash & DC twice per week)
Is the Bigen also cosidered henna?

Thanks in advance!

I just recently began using Colora Pre-mixed Henna...it has indigo already mixed into the powder...(thanks passionfruit :grin:)...it's a little messy but I loved the end result.

http://www.amazon.com/Colora-Henna-...ef=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&s=hpc&qid=1215003931&sr=1-5

Colora Henna works wonders for your hair, particularly if it feels dull and lifeless.
Natural Henna adds body and bounce and offers a choice of rich but subtle color changes.

It also comes in a creme that's probably less messy (but it has other chems in it)...

Product Features

Semi-permanent hair coloring in a cream that revitalizes and conditions the hair.
Easy to use.

Do you know if this can be used on relaxed hair??? I would really like to try an Indigo Henna product...

subscribing....I may be interested in coloring all-black once I turn 40....which is right around the corner for me!!

How long does one treatment last? it depends on the kind of color you use.
How often do you need to "touch-up"? again, it depends on the type of color and how fast your hair grows.
Does it wash away quickly? (I wash & DC twice per week) with washing and DCing that much (I do the same) a rinse won't last long. A demi-perm (semi-perm used with developer) or henna will last a lot longer.
Is the Bigen also cosidered henna? No. Bigen isn't a henna.

Thanks in advance!

HTH! If I said anything wrong, ladies please correct me.

Do you know if this can be used on relaxed hair??? I would really like to try an Indigo Henna product...

:yep: My hair is relaxed. I wanted to try indigo & henna as well but all that mixing and color releasing was a little intimidating for me. One of the other members (Passionfruit) suggested the Colora to me. It was messy just like I've heard henna is but i didn't have to worry about all the extra stuff that comes along with a traditional henna treatment (adding coffee, oils, and other stuff). I also didn't have to do it as a 2 step treatment. I think that people ususally henna first and indigo after, not combined in one step.

Last edited:
I LUUURRRRVVVVEEEE!!!! Express Kiss in Jet Black. It is the T R U T H! It can be a bit drying afterwards, but I would suggest using a great DC after it. But it's amazingly black.

:yep: My hair is relaxed. I wanted to try indigo & henna as well but all that mixing and color releasing was a little intimidating for me. One of the other members (Passionfruit) suggested the Colora to me. It was messy just like I've heard henna is but i didn't have to worry about all the extra stuff that comes along with a traditional henna treatment (adding coffee, oils, and other stuff). I also didn't have to do it as a 2 step treatment. I think that people ususally henna first and indigo after, not combined in one step.

Thank you Daephae!!! :kiss: Off to Amazon I go....

Thank you Daephae!!! :kiss: Off to Amazon I go....

You're welcome! I hope you like the results as much as I did. Be forewarned though...it is messy so make sure you stand on an old towel, sheet, trashbag or something so you don't drop any on your carpet or floors. There will be green globs of henna falling while you apply it. Oh, and make sure you WEAR GLOVES!!! Also when you rinse it out use something VERY moisturizing like CON. I used CON poo and condish and it rinsed out fine.

...or maybe you can just use the creme.

I haven't heard of the Colora henna, but LUSH henna is supposed to be a really good pre-mixed one as well. The "Caca Noir" color is mostly indigo so its supposed to give a really dark stain. I plan on using this soon. I'm too lazy for the two step henna, then indigo lol. I think im gonna add a little alma powder to make sure its as dark as possible. Oh, it has cocoa butter in it too!

Heres a link:
http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/00683?expand=Haircare
They also have a forum too where everyone talks about their "caca" experiences lol

Has anyone here used this?

Product Features

Easy to use.

this is permanent right? Is the only place to get it online?

Bigen checking ...I use the Bigen brown black and my hair looks rich and black:grin:. I was afraid to do the blue-black or oriental black, but it looks wonderful on you ladies.

If you look at my siggy picture; that dull color is the reason that I colored. Ewww!

I use Bigen Oriental Black as well. I just had it applied at Salon Balisi and because it has PPD in it, i avoid getting it on my scalp at all costs.

Ive never had a problem with dryness or breakage.

thanks, i see the semi-perm now, (got excited and didn't read the whole add):yep:

LOL...you're welcome. Although it's semi-perm it doesn't look any lighter to me....I've washed my hair about 4 or 5 times since I put it in. But since it's henna, I'm gonna do it once a month or so.

Last edited:
Back