Black haired ladies

whats the diff in the bigen blue black and oriental black???

I think the blue black is just a touch darker...and oriental black is very black so I didn't even know that anything blacker was possible :lachen:

I didn't even know blue black existed until about 4 months ago...so I've been using it ever since...the blacker I can get my hair the better!!!!

It says its semi-permanent. I purchased mine from a local BSS. They had both the powder and the creme.

how long have you been using this ? My mum bought me this last December but I heard it was not safe to use and the only person that thinks it is safe is the same person who referred it to you.

I haven't heard of the Colora henna, but LUSH henna is supposed to be a really good pre-mixed one as well. The "Caca Noir" color is mostly indigo so its supposed to give a really dark stain. I plan on using this soon. I'm too lazy for the two step henna, then indigo lol. I think im gonna add a little alma powder to make sure its as dark as possible. Oh, it has cocoa butter in it too!

Heres a link:
http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/00683?expand=Haircare
They also have a forum too where everyone talks about their "caca" experiences lol

Has anyone here used this?

I'm saving up for that as well! Small world! :grin:

i've been using bigen oriental black for the last few months and i love it!

I used to use henna/indigo (and i loved it as well, but it was a long process tho)... and i wanted to use henna again this summer, but i'm scared now... i dont want to damage my hair and dont know what effect it would cause (from using henna on bigen hair, or vise versa)...

http://www.bigen-usa.com/bigen/faqs.php#q7

Is it okay to color my hair black using Bigen right after using semi-permanent hair color?
Yes, of course. However, if you have previously colored your hair with henna or a color-restorer, you need to wait until your hair has grown out, until these colors fade completely out of your hair, or until your color-treated hair has been cut. Otherwise, the desired results may not be obtained.

If anybody have used both (overlapped... used at separate times, but over a previous application of the other), what were your results?

TIA

I think the blue black is just a touch darker...and oriental black is very black so I didn't even know that anything blacker was possible :lachen:

I didn't even know blue black existed until about 4 months ago...so I've been using it ever since...the blacker I can get my hair the better!!!!

lol cool i think im going to use blue black next time.....so how often do u ladies touch up your black?

how long have you been using this ? My mum bought me this last December but I heard it was not safe to use and the only person that thinks it is safe is the same person who referred it to you.

A few months...why do you think it isn't safe? I don't see how it's any more dangerous than using a dye with PPD...it's 100% natural and free of metallics just like BAQ henna...it's been on the shelves for years and I've never heard of anyone having adverse side affects from it but I've heard of plenty of people being allergic to PPD.

I would also beg to differ with your last statement. I'm not sure what that's about.

ETA: What works for some won't work for others. With people using horse stuff, coochie cream and lord knows what else, I'm not too concerned but thanks for looking out.

Last edited:
I've used just about every semi-permanent black rinse you can think of, but my favorite is Blue Black by Evertone. This gets my hair the blackest and i'm obsessed with black hair.

I haven't heard of the Colora henna, but LUSH henna is supposed to be a really good pre-mixed one as well. The "Caca Noir" color is mostly indigo so its supposed to give a really dark stain. I plan on using this soon. I'm too lazy for the two step henna, then indigo lol. I think im gonna add a little alma powder to make sure its as dark as possible. Oh, it has cocoa butter in it too!

Heres a link:
http://usa.lush.com/cgi-bin/lushdb/00683?expand=Haircare
They also have a forum too where everyone talks about their "caca" experiences lol

Has anyone here used this?

I went to the site and I might use this! It looks like it takes all the fuss out of mixing the two powders and I'm all for that! :yep:

A few months...why do you think it isn't safe? I don't see how it's any more dangerous than using a dye with PPD...it's 100% natural and free of metallics just like BAQ henna...it's been on the shelves for years and I've never heard of anyone having adverse side affects from it but I've heard of plenty of people being allergic to PPD.

I would also beg to differ with your last statement. I'm not sure what that's about.

ETA: What works for some won't work for others. With people using horse stuff, coochie cream and lord knows what else, I'm not too concerned but thanks for looking out.

hope i didnt offend you. I just mean I would like to hear from other people other the same person i keep hearing it from, how their hair reacts to it. I have read numerous reviews on how it is not BAQ henna ... and may contain ingredients that are not safe to use on relaxed hair. I have a box and im dying to use it , but I do not want to mess up my progress just because I want black hair

hope i didnt offend you. I just mean I would like to hear from other people other the same person i keep hearing it from, how their hair reacts to it. I have read numerous reviews on how it is not BAQ henna ... and may contain ingredients that are not safe to use on relaxed hair. I have a box and im dying to use it , but I do not want to mess up my progress just because I want black hair

I was a bit taken aback but that's okay. I understand what you are saying. Unfortunately, with this board it seems like unless a million people are doing it or approve of it, people will dismiss it. I didn't feel that there was any immediate danger so I went ahead and tried it. I'm glad I did because I loved the result. I feel a lot more confident using this as opposed to some of the other dyes.

I could only find three past threads discussing it and there were no definite horror stories, people were just a bit unclear about whether it contained metallics and such. The reason people use BAQ henna is because they know that BAQ henna doesn't contain any metallics. I also read many of the reviews on Amazon.com and I would say that about 99% were positive.

here are some reviews (of the Colora creme) from folica.com

http://www.folica.com/Colora_Henna_Cr_d1215.html

I'm not trying to sell you on it...just explaining why I chose to use it.

Last edited:
I was a bit taken aback but that's okay. I understand what you are saying. Unfortunately, with this board it seems like unless a million people are doing it or approve of it, people will dismiss it. I didn't feel that there was any immediate danger so I went ahead and tried it. I'm glad I did because I loved the result. I feel a lot more confident using this as opposed to some of the other dyes.

I could only find three past threads discussing it and there were no definite horror stories, people were just a bit unclear about whether it contained metallics and such. The reason people use BAQ henna is because they know that BAQ henna doesn't contain any metallics. I also read many of the reviews on Amazon.com and I would say that about 99% were positive.

here are some reviews (of the Colora creme) from folica.com

http://www.folica.com/Colora_Henna_Cr_d1215.html

I'm not trying to sell you on it...just explaining why I chose to use it.

sorry :sad:. thanks though for the info. I will try it this weekend, give my reviews and take pics

sorry :sad:. thanks though for the info. I will try it this weekend, give my reviews and take pics

it's no problem at all...:giggle::bighug:

I hope you like it but don't do it if you have misgivings...you're entitled to the way u feel and I totally understand. :yep:

Is it possible to SKIP the Henna and go straight to the Indigo, and still get a nice black color??:sad:

Is it possible to SKIP the Henna and go straight to the Indigo, and still get a nice black color??:sad:

That would be easier, but it isn't possible because the indigo won't have anything to bind to, the henna is the foundation for the indigo to bind to.

I went to the site and I might use this! It looks like it takes all the fuss out of mixing the two powders and I'm all for that! :yep:

:yep: Exactly! And that brick is huge, I think you can get about 2 to 3 applications out of it. Plus the fact that the ingredients are all natural, im on it! lol

Back