Black People Have That ROUGH hair!!!!

Tinkerbell19

OP you handled this very well. I appreciate stories like this, it gives me encouragement to stay natural. My hair is more than just a style for me, we have a long way to go.
you are welcome and yes we do have a long way to go which is sad

Tinkerbell19

You handled it well OP. I agree that she thought you were gonna take part in that foolishness.

That reminds me of my cousins ex, who was puerto rican (yt skinned with jet black straight hair). Something happened between them, and she started talking about nappy headed black people. Instead of correcting her, he laughed and told her, well my mom ain't got nappy hair she got that good hair. She has 3c hair. And was trying to explain it and stuff, and she was like that's nappy hair too. He just laughed at her. And then he told my cousin (hi BFF) and she was trying to get on the phone to curse her out. :lachen:

He was just laughing and was like naw man. My cousin was mad at him for a good while. The rest of were disgusted with HIM.

what?! dang that was a mess:wallbash:

Tinkerbell19

One of the many reasons my daughter and I stopped going to hairdressers 5 or so years ago is the comments they made about our hair. They always complained about how my daughter's rough and dreadlocked roots soaked up too much relaxer, and it took too long to get straight etc. etc. Mind you, my daughter's hair never grew past her shoulders under their care. Thank God we came to our senses and learned to do each others hair. We look forward to our hair time together and don't miss the salons nor the rough hair comments.

now those idiots had some nerve! you were paying for a service not for their dumb comments!

Tinkerbell19

I hate it when people get too comfortable with their black friends/co-workers/acquaintances and think they can say whatever they want. You handled it well becasue I would have taken it differently.
you know what i was thinking the same thing! i guess she thinks we are cool enough to talk about dumb stereotypes hmmmm not!!!

Tinkerbell19

Sadly, most if not the rest of my family would have agreed with that idiot:nono:

I try & try to explain to them how IGNORANT & DEGRADING they sound, but they just dont get it:lachen:Its 2010 for gawd sakes, like come on so many things have happened, and yall still believe in the "Good Hair vs Bad Hair" thing:lachen:?? DO these ppl not get that THEY are basically calling themselves "bad" or "abnormal" or basically "UGLY"?:look:

And plus i do not get the "Rough" statement(pun intended!), Like everyones hair can be rough, from 1A to 50Z..what does race have to do with it???

lol yeah that is true about EVERYONE being able to have some roughness :rolleyes: