Blending problems, please help!

I bought this Creta Girl wig by Free Tress and I'm having a bit of a problem blending my leave out. I left out about 2 and 1/2 inches of my own hair to blend.

I'm using small sponge rollers to try to blend but it's just not looking natural to me. I just don't know what I am doing wrong.

I am using the green EcoStyler gel and then rolling my hair with 9 small sponge rollers.

This is my first time wearing a wig and I feel a bit self conscious about it. Do you guys know what I am doing wrong? Should I provide pictures? I don't have my camera with me but I can try to use my laptop

Layluh

Can you provide pics? Usually if I'm having a hard time blending, I'll DC really well. Or if that doesn't work I'll snip the ends a tad.

strawbewi
Yes, that is the video I saw that led me to buy the wig. I believe that girl is natural, so she just has to cornrow her hair and it blends fine. I am actual relaxed and transitioning so it didn't work so well with me

I also looked @ thomasadrina's blending tutorial but I think she has the Malaysian Curly hair so it works a bit better for her. I will take some pics in the morning when the rollers have set a bit

OK here are some pics I took. The relaxed part is curly but my new growth is just *there* lol. It doesn't seem like it's blending to me. This wig just looks fake to me and I'm afraid to wear it in public

Evolving78

^^^try setting on rods or bantu knots. you can do cold wave rods or flexi rods.

maybe put your leave out in some twists. the hair seems to be more wavy than curly.

nubiennze

How about using less leave out--as little as necessary to cover the track--and a headband? As other ladies have mentioned, it may also help to use perm rods or flexi rods; make smaller sections; saturate your hair with water prior to setting; and smooth each section with a fine-toothed comb.

ManeStreet

OK here are some pics I took. The relaxed part is curly but my new growth is just *there* lol. It doesn't seem like it's blending to me. This wig just looks fake to me and I'm afraid to wear it in public

I wouldnt even use a leave out with creta girl. Its so big & has so much volume, u really dont have to. I'd just slick my hair back & use a headband at the wig line.

ManeStreet

Go to youtube. Theres so many tutorials on that wig. You will see some with a leave out & some with no leave out.

^^^Yes, I think I have watched every video about Creta Girl. YT is what lead me to buy the wig. But really, you can prepare all you want before you buy the wig but it's a different thing to actually try the wig on your own head YKWIM? You guys don't think it looks too wiggy do you?

ManeStreet

^^^Yes, I think I have watched every video about Creta Girl. YT is what lead me to buy the wig. But really, you can prepare all you want before you buy the wig but it's a different thing to actually try the wig on your own head YKWIM? You guys don't think it looks too wiggy do you?

Yes it looks wiggy. The wig hair is way shinier than your hair, thats one of the issues. And it is not blending.

If you do a leave out then the curl pattern of your hair has to match as closely as possible the curl pattern of the wig. So u either have to flexirod, sponge roller, braidout, twistout your hair to get it to match. Thats y I mentioned youtube because alot of girls show alot of detail on how they set they leave out & how they blend the hair.

But if u dont have thr hang of that yet, thats why I suggested not using a leave out.

I would try sitting the wig up higher on your head & make it fall more around your face & put on a head band. Trim the hair with scissors if u need to.

Good luck.

Caramel Hottie UK

I think it looks a bit off as your roots arent defined yet. You also have waaaay too much leave out IMO. I don't think you need more than 2cms... I would either flat twist your leave out or single twist and use rods on the ends to get your relaxed parts to curl.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
intergalacticartist

1. Way way too much leave out.

2. Put a LITTLE cornstarch in your hands an rub the wig to take the shine down.

3. Blow your hair out and use perm rods not rollers.

4. I would wear a headband and rock the wig at home on the weekend until u get the hang of the leave out Etc. (I wore headbands all the time until I got the hang of wigs and leave out). I'll attach a pic.

5. A Dab of oil sheen will help with your hair matching the wig.

I usually flat twist my hair and put a headband over the leave out and boom. I'm gone.

Attachments

• image-4279851130.jpg
    image-4279851130.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 51
  • image-3624851533.jpg
    image-3624851533.jpg
    498.4 KB · Views: 36
Last edited:

Michelle1971

This is why I don't mess with leave-outs :nono:
For my half-wigs, I just use a headband.
And yes, it is too wiggy-looking with the shine. Good suggestions already given :yep:

Bumping again. Ladies, I don't think I'll be wearing this wig. I linked my FB account to my photobucket and when I upload those pics ^^^ I posted them on FB by accident

Damn technology, smh

I might just get braids/Senegalese Twists again and then make a wig out of some kinky natural hair I find