Blow Dryer: Question

Opinion on use of blow dryer

• Using a low cool setting is a healthy option and can be done regulary.

Votes: 5 83.3%
  • Any blow drying at all is a no-no!

Votes: 1 16.7%

• Total voters

tthreat08

Hey Ladies!

It's been awhile since I've posted, however I've a question for you all. I've essentially given up the blow dryer and have had GREAT results. My hair is thriving. This past week, I was running short on time and rather than airdry, I used the blow dryer on the cool, low setting. So, it wasn't hot. Do you think doing this is okay? or is it an all or nothing.....I might as well blow dry if I'm going to blow dry, OR blow drying cool is A-Okay?

Firefly

I personally believe that if you're going to blowdry, it should be on the cool setting. Intense heat is bad for your hair and with that being said, I blow dry my hair on the regular heat setting (bad, bad, bad) but I don't blowdry often. 90% of the time I airdry my hair in braids and wear a braidout.

lana

When I blow dry, I use the tension method, mild low heat (not cool) and I don't see the difference between this heat and my hooded dryer.

What broke my hair (in the past) was the TEETH from the comb attachment. So I just wave the nozzle over my detangled and stretched hair until it gets dry. My hair has NEVER been longer, thicker or more beautiful than it is now.

I guess I'm saying, I'm doing something right. (lol) Trial and error. Every salon I ever went to wanted to use the comb attachment or a brush on my fragile strands.

My hair is thriving...now that I do it myself. :lol::drunk: