Blow Dryer 2x's week on super low setting okay?

NYLegalNewbie

Regular air drying may be doing more harm than good. I realized this week that when my hair was straighter, I was able to comb through more easily and had less breakage. But, I obviously don't want to flat iron weekly, so I'm trying to figure out lower temp ways to get straighter hair.

So, I just realized that the low setting on my blow dryer is actually cooler than the low setting on my bonnet dryer. I was wondering if anyone thinks that using this very low setting 2x's a week would be okay?

BTW, I do not plan on blow drying sopping wet hair. I plan on letting it air dry for a little bit until it's damp and then blow drying.

bajanplums1

My never retained growth when I used a blow dryer. At that point in time, I only used a blow dryer 1x per week. My hair has taken off since I threw the blow dryer away, so I do not recommend any direct heat at all.

PuffyBrown

i was just about to ask the same question , thatz 2 funny. I think as long as I moisturize alot and not use a hot setting it will be ok

bumping for info

lana

My hair has retained length just fine, using the blow dryer on a medium setting, once a week. I would think if you're careful and gentle - plus use a heat protectant - you should be fine.

Heat has never been a problem for me though. :look:

NYLegalNewbie

My never retained growth when I used a blow dryer. At that point in time, I only used a blow dryer 1x per week.

But what heat setting were you using it on?

The lowest heat setting on my blow dryer is just barely warm. It's a little bit warmer than the air that you feel when you blow air from your mouth onto your hand.

localhost

My hair has retained length just fine, using the blow dryer on a medium setting, once a week. I would think if you're careful and gentle - plus use a heat protectant - you should be fine.

Heat has never been a problem for me though. :look:

ITA :yep:. I do this 2x per week, and I use Chi silk infusion as a protectant.

I've lost more hair by not "training" my hair and air drying then manipulating.

fluffylocks

I know i read that someone does it 2x a week with cold air but i cant remember who...

Anyway, if it was me, even though its cool, i would only do it 1x a week.

MissLawyerLady

I'm relaxed and I wash, condition every 5 days. My preferred drying method is to blow dry. I use a tourmaline, ionic blow dryer on the low setting with no attachments. I apply Lacio Lacio and seal my ends with oil and then section off small sections of hair and hold taught (put not pulling hard) and wave the blow dryer up and down my hair shaft and roots (don't put the dryer too close to the hair). I keep my ends protected by my hand and only dry them about 85%. I put the dried hair into a clip (or use a scrunchie) to keep it out of the way and from getting overly dry. This works very well for me (airdrying does not :nono:). HTH

Artemis

^^^^^^

Cute puppy, Jd2'd...can I have her? :look: (j/k...)

NYLegal, I think you'll be fine w/this method :)

MissLawyerLady

Sorry off subject!

Artemis- she is cute but I was trying to post a more recent picture, but the resolution was too high!?! She's 2 years old now and a lot bigger! (but still kinda small for a Rott)

almondjoi85

I use my blow dryer one time a week on the normal setting. I don't have any problems with it so the super low setting should be okay...just watch how your hair reacts. :ohwell:

lollyoo

for me direct heat is no no. I used the ionic tresseme with cool setting is still the same. I had to give to my sis. I havent use blow dryer in over a year. Bonnet dryer is another story though i use this once a week or a bit less.
I think is not the temp per se, is the force at which it comes out, it lifts the cuticle or something.
i will just say try it and see how it goes if you r experiencing any problem just cut down or stop. pls post feedback on how you got on with it.

texasqt

I use my blow dryer one time a week on the normal setting. I don't have any problems with it so the super low setting should be okay...just watch how your hair reacts. :ohwell:

AlmondJoi85, do you use a comb/brush attachment when you do this?

LABETT

I use a blowdryer twice a week when stretching my relaxer after 8 weeks.
I use BBD Stretch creme which works better with heat and I have a few hairs if any when I comb my hair.
My hair is funny and does not like to be airdried all the time,I use a low heat setting when blowdrying.

I use a blow dryer on my hair twice a week and my hair breaks off less that way! I don't lose any hair as long as I use some type of heat protectant ( which I always do). Then after I blow dry I make sure to remoisturize my hair again. I have no problems and no breakage. :grin: Oh and also i comb through my hair with a wide tooth comb while i blow-dry on medium heat. I used to lose way more hair before I learned how to take care better care of it throughout the week, month, and year.