Blowing Out The Roots...

Mandy4610

Does anyone of you ladies have a video or something that shows how to blow out the roots? I have never done or seen this done before. I would like to know which attachment is used on the dryer, is it the diffuser or the concentrator? What are the functions of these parts anyway? I have no idea how to use any of them and for what.
Sorry too many questions, but please help me:perplexed.

SheenaVee

Why dont u look at healthytextures.com macherieamour has a vid showing how to blow out roots. HTH.

BlondeByDesire

You use the concentrator and section hair - I usually do it after a roller-set. Wet roots with water (spray bottle) proceed to blow out with round brush (some use boar bristle or I use the one with the balls on it). I do the front hair line first and the nape - then starting from back section hair (pin up), spray, blow, keep this up until I reach the top.

Macherie DVD on roller setting has this in it too - that's how I learned it. Also you need a good hand held blow dryer.

krissynick

yup these girls are right..

but i still havent mastered it yet.. i dunno but whenever i use the brush ihear this crinkly crack noises and i get scared my hair is breaking.. this never happens when i go t the dominicans... shoot

ChocalateDiva

Thank you ladies. so what is the diffuser attachment used for on a blow dryer?:look::blush:

This is what I use. It atttaches to the end of my dryer.

SohoHair

Thank you ladies. so what is the diffuser attachment used for on a blow dryer?:look::blush:

The diffuser attatchment is for blowdrying curly hair without blowing out the curl and ending up with frizz. It's meant to gently circulate hair around the curl to dry it, while not blasting it directly with hot air in order to straighten it.