Bone Straight Ladies...Can you do a rollerset?

MoMo

I'm not sure but I think I've read that bone straight hair does not hold curls very well. Is this true? If not are you able to be versatile with the styles that you wear or is it always just straight? Thanks!

Dee-Licious

YEs, yes yes!!! I love rollersets. With bone straight hair you can do rollersets without havin to worry about flatironing the roots (unless you're weeks post relaxer)

In my siggy is a pic of a recent rollerset I did, and in my fotki are other styles Iv'e done.

HTH

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
I couldn't do one after I relaxed. My hair came out very limp and couldn't hold curls well. Next time, I wil make sure that I texlax. I accidently relaxed too straight. ;)

janeemat

My stylist relaxers my hair bone straight. It has nice flowing curls with body and bounce. I usually wrap the same night to make it straight. I think a lot has to do with what products are used. In the past years I have had fresh bone straight relaxers that would not do nothing.

Junonia

My rollersets usually last for one day after I relax. Then after my first wash, it will last about 3-4 days. I think if I use smaller rollers, my sets will last longer.

MoMo

Ineedhair said:
My rollersets usually last for one day after I relax. Then after my first wash, it will last about 3-4 days. I think if I use smaller rollers, my sets will last longer.

Thank you Ineedhair. I have only worn my hair straight although I have rollerset (if that's what you want to call it) after my hair has been dried and worn wrapped for a few days. The curls held pretty good but I really wanna try a rollerset while my hair is wet. I'll try it after my first or second wash after the relaxer and see how that goes. Thanks again!

glamazon386

crlsweetie912 said:
I have never had a problem with rollersets and I always relax my hair bone straight.

Same thing for me when I was relaxed. It's no different than getting a wet set. It'll hold on bone straight relaxed hair.

OT - Crls what's up with that pina colada pie? :lick: I need details!! Can I get a slice please? :lol: