Boycotting Church

JeterCrazed

\

JeterCrazed, I apologize to you because it was a question presented to help me clarify if I am in the wrong in going around trying to find out what was going on. It was never intended for anyone to be discouraged from attending service, i would never encourage that. I will not be leaving my church, I will do whatever God leads me to do to help build my church up. If it was not for the body, I don't think I could get through the many trials and crises that keep riding up in my life. God is the center of my life, but being with the people that love the Lord like I do well there is nothing like it really. I need the body as much as I need air.

Yes the pastor is aware of whats going on. This is what I learned. There are so many people in the Church who think they are the end all, for real, and that the church will crumble without them. The Church will be hurt at their leaving that is true, but the people of God will continue on. I believe that is what is happening now. I recieved an email leting me know that certian people decided to resign because other people were asked to step down, for some unknown and probably private reason. Well we have like I said, some really wonderful choirs I mean, it really hurts not to hear them anymore but we keep moving foward. My daughter sings in these groups and she is confused as well. But we press onward. This is not the first time a situation like this has happen, we had a church meeting and members moved on. Just like that they all left. it was so dumb too. But you know we moved on and continue to grow. I believe that is what is going to happen in this case.

Please do not get the impression that you have influenced me negatively. Not the case. Also, read free first chapter of the book and you will see why I recommended it. Don't b fooled by the title. I see people have already assumed that the book has a certain intention again. SMH there's that feeling about church again...anyway, the book discusses very issues as these.

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

Guitarhero

Now I will not get close to a pastor. I will fellowship but I will not allow them access into my life like before. I sit and wait for them to show me that they are like the rest...controlling, manipulative, etc. My guards are up now. Where I'm fellowshipping now, the leader is different but it's like I'm waiting for the punch line so I can RUN. Yall pray for ME.

How unfortunate! I'm just learning of an incident in my former diocese...yet another. Well, they went after both the priest and the bishop this time and charges were filed. Good! I hate this thing, I surely do. Just this past Sunday, our homily was about the Pharisees and hypocrisy, in Matthew 23:

9And do not call anyone on earth ‘father,’ for you have one Father, and he is in heaven. 10Nor are you to be called ‘teacher,’ for you have one Teacher, the Christ.b 11The greatest among you will be your servant. 12For whoever exalts himself will be humbled, and whoever humbles himself will be exalted.

3So you must obey them and do everything they tell you. But do not do what they do, for they do not practice what they preach.

He went on to explain what this hyperbole of Jesus meant. Of course, we have teachers, fathers and whatnot with leaders who have the authority but His hyperbole was meant to bring attention to the hypocrisy of them. He went on to explain that the priests of old were given the authority by G-d so that the people kept the feasts and sacrifices and obeyed the rulings as G-d had ordained and that they were to continue to do them. We can think of it today as continuing to pray, live, fast - whichever it is your church recommends...but in doing so, keep in mind that we are not supposed to do what they do.

Father explained about hypocrites and that they are not the worst! How so? Well, hypocrites also do what G-d commands of them, they just take a wrong turn every now and then. So, they are not perfect but they try. They were not the worst. What was it the Pharisees were doing? They were not even trying!!! And unfortunately, this has hit every temple, mosque, parish and church the world over. People do not hear, do not try and many are hurt in the most horrible of ways. We are to keep following the Church and Christ but not the actions of what some of our leaders are doing - totally ignoring the fact they are in full disobedience. I fully comprehend your story :nono:

What a shame. I hope you heal from that awful trauma. Don't feel badly, either, it's to be expected and you are right to protect yourself. Just focus on Him and what it is He has called you to do. I'm so sorry.

Iwanthealthyhair67

I'm sure she just misunderstood your comments after your recommendation of the book, and wants to be certain that her post about her church 'drama' didn't help to discourage you in anyway...

Please do not get the impression that you have influenced me negatively. Not the case. Also, read free first chapter of the book and you will see why I recommended it. Don't b fooled by the title. I see people have already assumed that the book has a certain intention again. SMH there's that feeling about church again...anyway, the book discusses very issues as these.

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

Mis007

Now I need you guys to help me out with something.

I see you guys posting about submitting to those in authority. The pastor being the head, etc. When people start saying these things it brings back hurtful memories of when I was hurt by church leaders. I get scared because there was a time when I submitted and I got abused and I saw others get abused. It was a very hurtful experience. I got angry and wrote the leaders telling them what they did and how it hurt. I apologized for my part in the matter but they did not apologize, they justified their stuff and denied stuff that was true.

Now I will not get close to a pastor. I will fellowship but I will not allow them access into my life like before. I sit and wait for them to show me that they are like the rest...controlling, manipulative, etc. My guards are up now. Where I'm fellowshipping now, the leader is different but it's like I'm waiting for the punch line so I can RUN. Yall pray for ME.

Sorry to read of your experience, yes church hurt is one of the most hurtful things in life. Yes there are bad pastors, but there are actual men of God doing his will.

Rainbow Dash

Thanks ladies for your words of encouragement. I know that God is moving in Me and He will bring glory to His name. He is working this out, I know He is.

@blazingthru

Please forgive me for derailing your thread with my personal issues. I don't mean to be rude. The comments just sparked something in me.

What your church is dealing with brought back memories of the stuff I have seen and been through. It is ugly to God, when we as Christians are against one another. When they really get before God, He will show them just how ugly their fleshly ways are. I know from experience.

blazingthru

Who says they've been boycotting church? Maybe they have just chosen to attend another church for a while. The fact that the original OP has been gone for so long, others may think that she too has been boycotting church.

In my area, there are churches on every corner. I don't care where you go to church, just as long as they are praching about Jesus and building people based on the word of God. People leave churches all the time for many different reasons. If there's a lot of drama, I don't blame them for wanting to spend their Sunday mornings at a more peaceful place of worship.

They said they were boycotting thats the reason for the question. something you do until a thing is done the way you want it to be done. Thats why they gave it that title.

I also was going just not every week like I normally go, because I wasn't always able to get there. But when I was there I was there.

We are Seventh Day Adventist there are not many SDA churches every where, So I can name all the churches they might have went too and the reasons why they are not members. I won't but I am just saying. In addition to that, I was keeping in contact with members and letting them know what was going on with me and members were calling me. They were just not talking about what was going on with that. Church to me is nothing like I was use too its not a building to me, this is my family. I love my family and I am concern when something is off and I sense it right away. I notice when certain people are not there are not serving at all. Besides at some point I felt no one really would notice my absences but I was wrong. We are not benchwarmers and if some people are they need to get up. Everyone has a part to do, I serve n many different ministries and functions within my church but never realize how important my role is. But you know just your presences at service speaks volumns to someone, you just never know what your words and the things you do how it affects someone else and their life and their struggles, everyone is important in a some special way. I think if your going to leave then leave, not say your boycotting. I think that if your set in your mind that your leaving for foolisness then thats between you and God, I would never leave behind something so foolish when you end up breaking it down its all about Pride. i will leave when the word of God changes up in the pulpit and nonsense starts streaming out then I am gone. But in the meantime, I am going to pray and ask others to pray and serve in whatever way I am needed and am able. It really doesn't matter what kind of service you go to as long as you have human beings in there, who are sick with sin, there is going to be a problem and we just learn to get through it the best way possible.

Be blessed everyone, I thank you for your comments they were very helpful to me.