Boycotting Church

JeterCrazed

@ the bolded... :lol: It simply made me smile.

Don't let one Church's mistake keep you away from the blessings of being in the presence of the House of God.

There are so many wonderful Ministries and Churches. Don't let one, or even two or ten, stop the blessings of the Lord's House from reaching you. :yep:

It's been about 10 :lol:
Long looooong stories but always catty. My aunt's pastor had to break up an argument between two members happening out loud from two opposite sides of a not-so-small church. :nono:

I just can't do it no more. I listen to the Sunday sermons on Podcast in the peace of my own apartment.

Sent from my HTC Inspire™

blazingthru

Give a copy of the book, "Ten Stupid Things that Keep Churches from Growing" by Geoff Suratt to the pastor and take 2 steps back. You yourself can sample the book on Amazon Kindle. I tried to broach the subject to my pastor, but people sometimes like rose glasses.

ETA: See. This is y I don't go to church at all.

\

JeterCrazed, I apologize to you because it was a question presented to help me clarify if I am in the wrong in going around trying to find out what was going on. It was never intended for anyone to be discouraged from attending service, i would never encourage that. I will not be leaving my church, I will do whatever God leads me to do to help build my church up. If it was not for the body, I don't think I could get through the many trials and crises that keep riding up in my life. God is the center of my life, but being with the people that love the Lord like I do well there is nothing like it really. I need the body as much as I need air.

Yes the pastor is aware of whats going on. This is what I learned. There are so many people in the Church who think they are the end all, for real, and that the church will crumble without them. The Church will be hurt at their leaving that is true, but the people of God will continue on. I believe that is what is happening now. I recieved an email leting me know that certian people decided to resign because other people were asked to step down, for some unknown and probably private reason. Well we have like I said, some really wonderful choirs I mean, it really hurts not to hear them anymore but we keep moving foward. My daughter sings in these groups and she is confused as well. But we press onward. This is not the first time a situation like this has happen, we had a church meeting and members moved on. Just like that they all left. it was so dumb too. But you know we moved on and continue to grow. I believe that is what is going to happen in this case.

LucieLoo12

Yes it is so good...! I love it, im going to post the text on here when I get home, Im at work right now :look:

He states that the problem with most churches is , is that they do alot to get people to join, but when they join, they forget about them, its no discipleship involved.I looovvvve Paul Washer.. He is one of the few mainline stream preachers I listen to.

He also said in this sermon that people just say "The Lord's prayer" and the pastor claims them as saved but he said preachers need to walk up to them later on and say "Are you still being converted, are you still changing"? wwhooooowwhooooo..

@ALICIALYNN, I'm listening to it now and this stands out for me:

I will tell you what the problem is. Pastors and preachers don’t know what the Church is. I want you to know that the Church of Jesus Christ in America is beautiful. She is frail at times. She is weak. She is buffeted. She is not perfect, but I want you to know she is broken. She is humbly walking with her God. The problem with you is you don’t know what the Church is.

Today because of the lack of biblical preaching the so called Church is filled up with carnal, wicked people identified with Christianity. And then because of all the goats in the midst of the lambs, the lambs are blamed for all the things the goats are doing and then the name of God is blasphemed among the Gentiles because of us. - PAUL WASHER

Iwanthealthyhair67

blazingthru I feel you at the bolded ...I'm the same way I don't always agree or understand some things that they sometimes do but I take it to the Lord and I know that they truly have a heart for God and for the people of God

Sounds like your Pastor did do something about the situation, the Lord will send more people who will do his works not because they are 'talented' or 'gifted' but because they really love HIM..

Like I said in another thread let them go so that they could flourish elsewhere in the courts of their God, but don't wreak havocup in here...

\

JeterCrazed, I apologize to you because it was a question presented to help me clarify if I am in the wrong in going around trying to find out what was going on. It was never intended for anyone to be discouraged from attending service, i would never encourage that. I will not be leaving my church, I will do whatever God leads me to do to help build my church up. If it was not for the body, I don't think I could get through the many trials and crises that keep riding up in my life. God is the center of my life, but being with the people that love the Lord like I do well there is nothing like it really. I need the body as much as I need air.

Yes the pastor is aware of whats going on. This is what I learned. There are so many people in the Church who think they are the end all, for real, and that the church will crumble without them. The Church will be hurt at their leaving that is true, but the people of God will continue on. I believe that is what is happening now. I recieved an email leting me know that certian people decided to resign because other people were asked to step down, for some unknown and probably private reason. Well we have like I said, some really wonderful choirs I mean, it really hurts not to hear them anymore but we keep moving foward. My daughter sings in these groups and she is confused as well. But we press onward. This is not the first time a situation like this has happen, we had a church meeting and members moved on. Just like that they all left. it was so dumb too. But you know we moved on and continue to grow. I believe that is what is going to happen in this case.

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
It's been about 10 :lol:
Long looooong stories but always catty. My aunt's pastor had to break up an argument between two members happening out loud from two opposite sides of a not-so-small church. :nono:

I just can't do it no more. I listen to the Sunday sermons on Podcast in the peace of my own apartment.

I understand the 'Peace', truly I do. :yep:

How about 70 times 7 ? Where Jesus means, don't give up.

:bighug:

nathansgirl1908

ITA and this happens when there is no respect for authority ...however, if the person who is in authority life is out of order and he is not living up to what the word says he/she will still have my respect in my approach and my response but I will be praying for God to direct me to another church...

When I say out of order, I mean in terms of stopping the service or stopping the choir and starting to "rebuke and cast out." Is that really the correct approach? I can be in a situation and recognize when I'm dealing with some kind of bad spirit. But I don't have to make it known in every instance and announce what I'm doing. I just immediately start praying. Some people who do the casting out in such a public manner are putting on a show which in my opinion opens the door for even more chaos and confusion. You can boldly come against something amiss and still retain order.

Iwanthealthyhair67

in your opinion what time would be most appropriate to correct someone ....just asking

When I say out of order, I mean in terms of stopping the service or stopping the choir and starting to "rebuke and cast out." Is that really the correct approach? I can be in a situation and recognize when I'm dealing with some kind of bad spirit. But I don't have to make it known in every instance and announce what I'm doing. I just immediately start praying. Some people who do the casting out in such a public manner are putting on a show which in my opinion opens the door for even more chaos and confusion. You can boldly come against something amiss and still retain order.

ClassicBeauty

Who says they've been boycotting church? Maybe they have just chosen to attend another church for a while. The fact that the original OP has been gone for so long, others may think that she too has been boycotting church.

In my area, there are churches on every corner. I don't care where you go to church, just as long as they are praching about Jesus and building people based on the word of God. People leave churches all the time for many different reasons. If there's a lot of drama, I don't blame them for wanting to spend their Sunday mornings at a more peaceful place of worship.

nathansgirl1908

in your opinion what time would be most appropriate to correct someone ....just asking
I think when it can be done in a manner that isn't hurtful or disruptive. When we read about Jesus, it seemed to me that He took a firm, yet loving approach. He was about the business and He wasn't disruptive in the process. I think we are supposed to follow that lead. It's not about performing for others to prove how Holy we are or how much we can see and feel in the Spirit realm. And even though people have different spiritual gifts, some people start trying to operate in a gift they don't have, but one they desire. And that too can cause things to be out of order.

Rainbow Dash

You know, I can identify with you on praying when you encounter someone operating in an unclean spirit. Some people do not want to be free of their slimy, manipulative, and deceitful ways. They enjoy what they do because they can get their way but I will guard myself and pray. Sometimes it is best to pull them to the side and deal with the issue privately. Our prayers have power.

Last edited:

LucieLoo12

I remember a few times my pastor had to stop service to correct some things :look:. Thats because it was needed. He is a firm believer that if you mess up before all you need to be corrected before all, because if nothing is stated about the mistake, that can make others believe it was ok what that person did. But the only time he does this is when its something severe that could be misleading..

This an a true example,
This visitor got up in front of everyone and was testifying about how his friend committed suicide and how she went to heaven. My pastor couldnt allow his congregation or anyone to believe when u committ suicide you go to heaven. So when the person was done, he took the mic and cleared it up. He wasnt mean or anything. He just stated truth, and we moved on with the song and testimony service and that same person kept coming.

Its been times when I had to be corrected before all!! :look: :lachen: Yes it hurt my lil flesh but it made me love my pastor even more. It made me stronger and wiser! I bet you i dont make them mistakes no more.

Rainbow Dash

I remember a few times my pastor had to stop service to correct some things :look:. Thats because it was needed. He is a firm believer that if you mess up before all you need to be corrected before all, because if nothing is stated about the mistake, that can make others believe it was ok what that person did. But the only time he does this is when its something severe that could be misleading..

This an a true example,
This visitor got up in front of everyone and was testifying about how his friend committed suicide and how she went to heaven. My pastor couldnt allow his congregation or anyone to believe when u committ suicide you go to heaven. So when the person was done, he took the mic and cleared it up. He wasnt mean or anything. He just stated truth, and we moved on with the song and testimony service and that same person kept coming.

Its been times when I had to be corrected before all!! :look: :lachen: Yes it hurt my lil flesh but it made me love my pastor even more. It made me stronger and wiser! I bet you i dont make them mistakes no more.

Now see, yes correction needed to be made. Folks can't just stand up and speak stuff that don't line up. I've seen that happen before and I feel so embarrassed for the person but you correct in love.

Iwanthealthyhair67

I understand exactly what you are saying but the kind of rebuke would be based on the situation ...

do you think that Peter was hurt by Jesus' rebuke of him in Mark 8
But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that are of men.

I think when it can be done in a manner that isn't hurtful or disruptive. When we read about Jesus, it seemed to me that He took a firm, yet loving approach. He was about the business and He wasn't disruptive in the process. I think we are supposed to follow that lead. It's not about performing for others to prove how Holy we are or how much we can see and feel in the Spirit realm. And even though people have different spiritual gifts, some people start trying to operate in a gift they don't have, but one they desire. And that too can cause things to be out of order.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
OK then, was your pastor out of order for doing this? In this scenario I don't see the disorder. Some people just don't receive well from others, and that's their issue; but we are to subject ourselves to spiritual authority. Not saying all pastors are always right, but if we can't submit to spiritual authority, how can we say we are submitting to God? Therein lies some of the problem in a lot of churches today.

This an a true example,

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

Exactly, Exactly it's all about respect for the office held as well as the person and trust me we do NOT'want to be told that we are wrong publicly or privily...flesh always want to be appeased and always wants to be right...

OK then, was your pastor out of order for doing this? In this scenario I don't see the disorder. Some people just don't receive well from others, and that's their issue; but we are to subject ourselves to spiritual authority. Not saying all pastors are always right, but if we can't submit to spiritual authority, how can we say we are submitting to God?

Mis007

As a member of service would you sit back and say nothing or do you think that this should be address, also what do you think about boycotting in the lords house.

I have learnt to "chew the hay and spit the sticks". ..in other words I take in, digest and use what I feel is useful and beneficial to me and dismiss what is not. No church is perfect and you will find flaws everywhere. Pray on it and you will be led in the right direction.

nathansgirl1908

This an a true example,

That is different. That's obviously something that needs to be corrected.

LucieLoo12

I always say, you can tell a person's submission to God by the way people treat their bosses, pastor, husbands etc, who ever has authority over them. If you cant obey the natural person you sure wont obey someone you can't see. I may not always agree with how something is done but I never disrespect or go against my authority,I bring it to God and ask Him to either enlighten the other person or me if I'm the one who needs to be enlighten.

Now if that authority is in down right flat out sin..thats different, but you can still show respect toward them

nathansgirl1908

I understand exactly what you are saying but the kind of rebuke would be based on the situation ...

do you think that Peter was hurt by Jesus' rebuke of him in Mark 8
But when he had turned about and looked on his disciples, he rebuked Peter, saying, Get thee behind me, Satan: for thou savourest not the things that be of God, but the things that are of men.
:yep:
And even in that scenario, it wasn't something that was disruptive. But making a spectacle in front of a congregation during service is different.

nathansgirl1908

I always say, you can tell a person's submission to God by the way people treat their bosses, pastor, husbands etc, who ever has authority over them. If you cant obey the natural person you sure wont obey someone you can't see. I may not always agree with how something is done but I never disrespect or go against my authority,I bring it to God and ask Him to either enlighten the other person or me if I'm the one who needs to be enlighten.

Now if that authority is in down right flat out sin..thats different, but you can still show respect toward them
For me it depends on what I see being exhibited in that person's daily life. It's not about perfection, but is this someone that I trust enough to "submit" to their authority? With respect to husbands, submission really goes both ways according to what I've read.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Matthew 21
Jesus entered the temple area and drove out all who were buying and selling there. He overturned the tables of the money changers and the benches of those selling doves.

certain situations will require you to be more forceful than normal...

:yep:
And even in that scenario, it wasn't something that was disruptive. But making a spectacle in front of a congregation during service is different.

LucieLoo12

That is true, you do have to trust the person you are being submitted to. Even with God, alot of times disobedience comes from our lack of trust we have in God sometimes.And you are correct the bible says we have to be subject to another.

But the husband does hold the ultimate authority(besides God), he is the head..rite? (Married sistahs help me with this one :yep:)

I want to make sure I'm right, dont wanna give out false info.

For me it depends on what I see being exhibited in that person's daily life. It's not about perfection, but is this someone that I trust enough to "submit" to their authority? With respect to husbands, submission really goes both ways according to what I've read.

Rainbow Dash

Now I need you guys to help me out with something.

I see you guys posting about submitting to those in authority. The pastor being the head, etc. When people start saying these things it brings back hurtful memories of when I was hurt by church leaders. I get scared because there was a time when I submitted and I got abused and I saw others get abused. It was a very hurtful experience. I got angry and wrote the leaders telling them what they did and how it hurt. I apologized for my part in the matter but they did not apologize, they justified their stuff and denied stuff that was true.

Now I will not get close to a pastor. I will fellowship but I will not allow them access into my life like before. I sit and wait for them to show me that they are like the rest...controlling, manipulative, etc. My guards are up now. Where I'm fellowshipping now, the leader is different but it's like I'm waiting for the punch line so I can RUN. Yall pray for ME.

Iwanthealthyhair67

Also I'd like to recommend the book of Nehemiah (not sure if you have studied before but it's worth a re-read I will be reading tonight) he was a bold no nonsense Prophet who did is share of rebuking...

Last edited:

Iwanthealthyhair67

I'm sorry to hear about your experience ...I pray that you will begin to trust again, and that you will know real men and women of God who are not too big or prideful to admit that are wrong and will apologize ....

Now I need you guys to help me out with something.

I see you guys posting about submitting to those in authority. The pastor being the head, etc. When people start saying these things it brings back hurtful memories of when I was hurt by church leaders. I get scared because there was a time when I submitted and I got abused and I saw others get abused. It was a very hurtful experience. I got angry and wrote the leaders telling them what they did and how it hurt. I apologized for my part in the matter but they did not apologize, they justified their stuff and denied stuff that was true.

Now I will not get close to a pastor. I will fellowship but I will not allow them access into my life like before. I sit and wait for them to show me that they are like the rest...controlling, manipulative, etc. My guards are up now. Where I'm fellowshipping now, the leader is different but it's like I'm waiting for the punch line so I can RUN. Yall pray for ME.

LucieLoo12

Amen, I will be praying that God does a complete healing in that area of your life.. I really will be. :bighug::bighug:
God has set shepreds over us and He wants us to be able to fully trust them and love them