BRAID-OUT (NEW GROWTH TECHNIQUE) VIDEO - LOVES IT!!!

Reecie

Hey Ladies!!!

It's crazy how a little tweak in your technique has the ability to give your hair totally different results. I never thought of incorporating this method for braidouts with excessive new growth, but once I saw this video, I now can't wait to try it. :yahoo: I know Silver2 does something similar, but I really think this technique will work better for me.

I plan on doing a 16 week stretch starting in October and will be using this technique...for sure. I will repost pictures in this thread once I try it. In the meantime, if anyone tries/has tried this method before, please let me know how it works for you and either by PMing me and/or posting in this thread.

:feedback: Thanks.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FmvPxMdnhq0

cmw45

:grin: This is how I perform my braidouts as well. Most of the time I will use shea butter instead of coconut oil, but other than that this is my exact process. I used to be able to get a good week out of them but this resulted in dryness (and some tangling...I'm natural) that resulted in breakage so now I only keep it in for two or three days.

My hair is a little more defined than hers because my hair is natural but this is the exact process I use.

ETA: She is definitely right. The KEY to a great braidout is letting your hair dry completely!

Thanks for the link!!!

Last edited:

MummysGirl

Nice!!! Although, I personally prefer curling the ends (rollers, curlformers or bantu knots).

I'm 36 weeks post. I think (know!) braidouts are really good for stretching and transitioning.

I usually airdry my hair (in a ponytail) with a scarf before I do cornrows on almost dry hair (80%ish) but I still end up using headbands/scarves (see right siggy pic) for the resulting braidout.

Look forward to seeing your results :)

Last edited:

Geminigirl

I love braidouts. I wish I could rock them now but my hair is too short. I think twistouts would be better but let's get real I don't have time to be twisting my hair.