Braid Spray on non-braided hair?

zoj2

I'm wearing my hair in braids for the summer and have been using African Pride Extra Shine Braid Spray everyday and I've noticed that my new growth is incredibly soft from it. I was wondering...what would happen if I continued to use it when my hair is not braided? Would it hurt? Thanks!

baglady215

It wouldn't hurt. I was thinking about doing this because braid spray is really moisturizing for my hair too. :)

Ashee

zoj2 said:
I'm wearing my hair in braids for the summer and have been using African Pride Extra Shine Braid Spray everyday and I've noticed that my new growth is incredibly soft from it. I was wondering...what would happen if I continued to use it when my hair is not braided? Would it hurt? Thanks!
Not a bad thing to add to regimen... Just remember that it will have your hair wet.... When applying make sure it's before you style your hair. Many women who were using Surge were upset that it ruined their hairstyles because it's a wet spray. :look:

prettyinpurple

JenJen2721 said:
Same here.

Hmm I had the opposite experience. I love Better Braids Medicated Spray when I have braids (it doesn't smell medicated at all) but it wasn't very moisturizing when I just used it on the 'fro.

AJamericanDiva

I don't think you should get any damage from the braid sprays. Matter of fact, these are my secret weapons to keep my hair moisturized. It helps keep new growth soft as well, which is important as you get closer and closer to touch up time. I really believe these types of products have helped me to retain length.

Last edited:

TBird

Ladies do you all use this just on the new growth or all over? Also is it something that you use daily? TIA

Mestiza

TBird said:
Ladies do you all use this just on the new growth or all over? Also is it something that you use daily? TIA

I use it on all of my hair several times w/in a week. On hot days, I tend to use it daily. I think of it as giving my hair a cool drink. LOL!

confused_one

I did this when i two strand twisted my hair, i figured if it didn't hurt my hair braided with extensions it shouldn't hurt my hair when not in extensions. I sprayed it on my whole head 2 times a day. My hair felt really soft and moist, but nothing so far can make my hair not look dry. Im still searching for the product that will make my hair feel and look moist.

Last edited:

Jewell

I use Better Braids Braid Spray on my braids, and from reading the ingredients, it contains glycerin and cones, so it would be okay on non-braided hair. It has instructions for use on non-braided hair. I find Better Braids to be the best braid spray I have tried, because African Pride, African Royale and others (with all them herbs and natural extracts) make my scalp itch intensely.

Diane71

I've been using African Pride Braid Spray with Tea Tree for God knows how long and I use it after I take my twists out and my comb out is very easy and the comb just slides through.