Braid Take Down

bklynLadee

Hi yall!

A while ago I saw a post about taking down hair extensions but I cant find it :(

I think it had like a step by step guide on taking down braids that involved infusium 23 and possibly a protein treatment.

If anyone can post what you do to take down your braids or show me the link to the post I am referring to that would be so helpful.

My main question is should I do a protein treatment after I remove my braids?

Thanks

*C00KIE*

Depending on the status of your hair, that will determine if you will need a protein, a moisturizing or protein and moisturizing treatment

westNDNbeauty

I used to wear braids consistently for years...

I agree with the last poster. Protein or moisture depends on the state of your hair after you remove the braids. In actuality, if you use a heavy protein (like aphogee) you WILL have to follow with moisture anyway.

Dry, lifeless hair = moisture
Breakage = protein + moisture

I'm not sure if you are natural or not but natural hair does really need as much protein as people believe because usually bonds haven't been broken down like in relaxed/chemically processed hair.

Also, always remember comb the root to remove that ball of shed hair for each single braid to avoid a disaster.

julzinha

I am a consistent braid wearer I would say

-Clarify with a clarifying shampoo
-Protein Treatment
-Sulfate Free Moisturizing Shampoo
-Moisturizing DC

MzSwift

After take down, detangle each braid and THOROUGHLY remove the shed hair BEFORE adding any water!! Water + shed hair = matting/dreaded hair. HTH! :)

bklynLadee

Thank you for all your support an suggestions westNDNbeauty *C00KIE* SexySin985 julzinha and MzSwift. i took everything into consideration.

DeepBluSea tthhaannkkk yoouu!!! that was the thread i was searching for!!!!

What I ended up doing was

I removed each kinky twist and gently detangled any lint that was present. Unfortunately the african lady decided to catch my wee little baby hairs and put a braid on em and 3...I repeat 3 braids fell out with the hair, white bulb attached. I have 3 spacy looking areas in my frontal area but I am going to visualize my growth and keep everythang in prayer like NJoy !!!

I put on a slap of conditioner first so I could continue to gently detangle my hair. It was very coily, felt tangled in a few areas. After removing the twists my hair raveled a lot.

I used Aussie Moist conditioner and also some Motions CPR for strength but then I looked at the ingredients and noticed that it didn't have the protein factor I felt my hair would need.

I was moisturizing my hair while in braids so my hair felt nice and moist but its been a while since I added protein to my hair

I bought Dudley's hair rebuilder and I am sitting under the dryer now waiting to rinse it out in about 10 minutes. When I'm done I will come back and report how it went.

When I am all done I am going to use Dudley's PCA moisture diluted in some water and then seal my ends with some oils.

Thanks again guys!

MzSwift

Great!
Sorry to hear about your baby hairs. That's one of the reasons I'm afraid to go to the shop. But I'm sure it'll work out, keep on visualizing girl!!

*C00KIE*

Sounds like your hair need the protein and moisture, that is usually the case after taking hair out of braid or twist extentions. About the braids falling out, that happened to me a couple of times; what i find out what works is, after, the hair is braided you can normally tell which ones around the hairline is braided too tight. If its individual braids try not to manipulate it, this includes putting it up in a ponytail until a week or so and during that week apply oils and run cool water (not too much). If the hair still comes out before or while taking them down then make sure you MOISTURIZE (daily moisturizer) and TIE HAIRLINE W/SILK SCARF as much as you can and your hair will grow back in no time but you have to MOISTURIZE (daily moisturizer) and TIE HAIR/HAIRLINE W/SILK SCARF as much as you can

bklynLadee

I will keep in mind with the moisturizing thank you :)

I used the dudley's rebuilder and it made my hair feel great. In a spray bottle I added water and PCA sprayed my hair and sealed it with my oil mix and I also put some Mega Tek in my sparse growing areas :)

Thank you all

Also Nonie gave me some other links for others who might be interested

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=9098
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/sho...d.php?t=410492
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/sho...d.php?t=439076
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/sho...d.php?t=494632