Cassia after braid take down

ajoke

I would appreciate some quick responses.

So I am just taking down my braids after about 6 weeks and have been applying ghee to the hair and detangling section by section as I take each braid down.

I would like to apply cassia to my hair and have the following questions:
1) is it safe to apply cassia directly after taking down braids- I am scared of tangling

2) should I wash my hair before applying the cassia. It is relatively dirty, and pretty oily from the ghee.

3) any mix recommendations? I have hibiscus powder, fenugreek, and shikkaki.

Thanks in advance

ajoke

Bump! Please I'd really like your advice as this will be my first cassia application

Nubenap22

I second Southern....DO NOT just apply Cassia or water to your hair right after removing your braids. It will tangle like a mug

detangle gently in sections
wash...moisture poo
do like a 15 min conditioner
do the cassia
then deep condition more than 30 min with heat or longer without

Good luck!!

danniegirl

I would appreciate some quick responses.

So I am just taking down my braids after about 6 weeks and have been applying ghee to the hair and detangling section by section as I take each braid down.

Thanks in advance
im not familiar with cassia but im curious about using ghee, i have a bit of build up and im taking down my braids very genitally i have been adding a few products to help but im looking for something else thats moisturizing with a lot of slip.

can you tell me more about ghee

ajoke

Thanks for the responses. I washed with a clarifying shampoo, then towel dried before applying my cassia, alma, brahmi mix. Left it on for four hours and then rinsed out and dc'd with AO White Camelia conditioner under my steamer. Applied Kimmaytibe leave in and sealed with castor oil. Put in twists.

danniegirl, sorry I am just responding. This was my first time using ghee, I just had it lying around and decided to try it. I feel like it gave me a lot of slip and made my taking the braids out easier.

Krystle~Hime

I use my powders mix just after taking braids.... on dirty tangled hair. I did it every time I took down my braids in 2010 that's mean more than 7/8 times.
with no, great problem. i'm 4b/c natural fine hair.
even actually, I do my treatment every two 2 weeks, after taking down twists, directly on dirty/not detangled hair. these powders are like a 3 in 1 (cleansing, conditioning, fortifying) so I don't need to shampoo prior that.

Last edited: