How can I get more protein while in braid extensions??????

ZLUVSNEWZEE

Hey Ladies,

I just did the big BC, well not so big since my hair was so damaged I barely had any anyways. I'm learning through all you wonderful people that protein is just as important as mosturizing. I am on a mission to regrow my hair thick and BSL after years of damage and I'm planning to do that in braid extensions for at least 1.5 to 2 years. How do I achieve a protien mosture balance with braid exentsions? I was trying to do the crown and glory braid regimen using infusium 23 and braid spray but my hair kept getting sticky and didn't seem to improve my hair so I stopped using it. Is there anyway to get protein in my hair? I don't plan on ever being out of braids for more than 3 days at a time when planning to rebraid but I feel like I need protein more often than when I am taking the braids down to redo them. Any help would be so appreciated.

Blessedmocha

If you dont want to damage your hair, I think it's best to leave the protein alone whilst in braids..
As you have already big cutted, your hair wont need that much anyway!

Stick with the moisture conditioning washes (CW) for now, until you can assess your hair requirements when its out of braids..

LadyPaniolo

I did the Crown and Glory method and got great results. The reason your braids became sticky is either because 1. you didn't add enough water to the spray bottle or 2. you didn't wash your braids frequently enough to offset the amount of spray you were using.

I followed the Crown and Glory technique pretty much to the letter and honestly I think it's the best reggie for a TWA to about APL hair. Once you get longer than that, the braiding is just impossible!

If you really oppose putting Infusium into your spray, at least be sure to do a protein treatment when you do take your braids down. It's true that protein isn't AS important when you are natural (as a rule) but protein still is very important.

HHG

ZLUVSNEWZEE

How did you use your infusium Ladypaniolo? I used it straight from the bottle, poured it on my head everyother day followed by braid spray. SHould I put it in a spray bottle with braid spray?

Salsarisma

How did you use your infusium Ladypaniolo? I used it straight from the bottle, poured it on my head everyother day followed by braid spray. SHould I put it in a spray bottle with braid spray?

I'm not natural, but I mixed Infusium with braid spray in a spray bottle and used this every other day. My braids never got sticky.

LadyPaniolo

:shocked: no wonder your braids were sticky!!

Dilute the Infusium.

ETA I mixed mine with water and glyceryn.

Yes, you MUST dilute it. Be forewarned, the glycerin causes lint problems for some.

I agree I mix mine with aloevera juice and spray on my braids alternating with my moisture mix every other day. :afro:

Yes ma'am! In my bottle I used to add aloe vera juice, water, braid spray, Infusium and a tiny dollop of tea tree oil.

LadyPaniolo

^ I know but every time I tried to buy it, they never had it stocked :swearing: I always ended up getting the strengthening formula and using the braid spray for moisture *shrugs* Worked ok for me.