Braiding hair with extensions on relaxed hair

seraphinelle

I get so frustrated with my hair sometimes, well no, all the time.

I wish I could rewind to a month ago before I relaxed my hair and decide against it.

I really miss my natural hair, like really :(

Anyway, for some reason I think that braiding/twisting with extensions on relaxed hair causes more harm than helping.

I really want to get past shoulder length or at least, to shoulder length, to convince myself that my hair can get longer than neck length.

I'm 1 month into a 3 month or more stretch. I'll see how long I can go, because I think I'm going to transition back to natural.

So my question is, should I get the extensions?

asha

I agree with nikkipoo. It depends on the braiders technique. You could wait till you have an inch or so of newgrowth then get your braids. The braid will be anchored to the newgrowth instead of relaxed hair.

seraphinelle

Oh ok, thanks ladies.

I have at least 2 inches of simulated hair growth (the hair that didn't get relaxed properly)

And then another 0.5 inches of new growth since my relaxer 4 weeks ago.

I might see if I can last another month, at least until I get the braids, (low on funds)...

Do you guys find them easier to keep on relaxed hair?

dreysonsmommy2011

seraphinelle said:
Oh ok, thanks ladies.

I have at least 2 inches of simulated hair growth (the hair that didn't get relaxed properly)

And then another 0.5 inches of new growth since my relaxer 4 weeks ago.

I might see if I can last another month, at least until I get the braids, (low on funds)...

Do you guys find them easier to keep on relaxed hair?

I've been relaxed a good portion of my life so I think that braids are easier to keep on nither texture. You just have to be good at maintening the style.