Bleach bath for hair extensions?

cutiepiesensei

Ok my extensions are tangling a lot and are on their last leg. I know I need to just buy some more, but Halley's curls doesn't get anymore salon relaxed until the end of this month so I have to wait another 4 weeks :( I heard a bleach bath will make extensions nice and soft again and reduce tangling. Has anyone ever done this? How do you do it? Does it change the color of the hair?

theNaturalWonders

i would check over at BHM. there is a whole thread on it in the lace front section. i believe its a sticky now.

i've tried it 1 time and it works. i dont know the specs of your extensions so i cant really advise how it may turn out

HTH!

cutiepiesensei

i would check over at BHM. there is a whole thread on it in the lace front section. i believe its a sticky now.

i've tried it 1 time and it works. i dont know the specs of your extensions so i cant really advise how it may turn out

HTH!

I read it, do you wash with regular shampoo and conditioned after you do the process?

UniquelyDivine

Here is a detailed HOW-TO, I actually just did this on some hair I have and I am truly shocked at the difference!!

BLEACH TIP TO DETANGLE YOUR UNIT
1. Mix one gallon of very hot water (hottest available from the tap) with 1/4 cup of Clorox bleach. (Do not use old Clorox or a generic brand, it won’t work)

2. Totally submerge the human hair unit into the water for approximately 2 or 3 minutes.Do not leave longer than 3 minutes*Small bubbles will normally appear durring the process. Comb or brush very gently when submerged.

3. Remove hair*unit and submerge in a basin of luke warm water that has been pre mixed with shampoo. Gently lift in and out for about 3 minutes and also brush or comb the hair very gently when submerged. Remove and blot dry

4. Mix 1/4 cup of ammonia to 3 cups of warm water. Dip hair unit in and out twice.

5. Repeat step 3

6.Apply conditioner, rinse and style.

Your hair will look brand new and be tangle free

The bleach method not to be used that often because it will eventually change the hair color, also you can saturate the unit with nexxus or a deep conditioner on the unit place in a plastic bag, nuke in the microwave for 30 seconds, and then put back in again for another 15 seconds.

cutiepiesensei

UPDATE:

I did this last night to my extensions and they feel just as lovely as they did when they were brand new and I've worn them almost every day for 8 months!!!! I'm so happy I don't have to toss them and I can wear them without tangling :)