Braiding hair

Nubenap22

Ladies, when you get your hair braided what kind of hair do you find works best?

My last braid style I used silky yaki and it lasted pretty good for 5 weeks with washing it also. The braider who's gonna do mine this time wants to use kanekalon and says not to wash it. Is that right?

tocktick

I tend to use human hair when I do individual braids. I do the crown and glory method when I have them in, so I wash every 10-14 days and deep condition when I wash. I re-do the braids that have a tendency to have too much build up quickly. Also, I use a strengthening spray on my hair every few days.

I think kanekalon would be fine so long as you remove the alkaline base (many people tend to be allergic to it). I suggest you wash and condition your hair whilst it's in braids not matter what hair you use otherwise it may be weaker when you take them out.

finickyone

I did the crown & glory technique on my daughter & the video on the website suggested the kanekalon hair. I used it with no problems. I washed her hair twice a week because she was swimming. When I would take the braids out, her hair was always very moisturized. I made sure I moisturized her hair daily. Her hair flourished in the braids, so now 100% kanekalon is what I always use.

ToyToy

I use 100% Kanekalon also, and I wash my hair weekly (with diluted shampoo) with no problems. I remove the alkaline base with apple cider vinegar beforehand, which helps tremendously.

LovinLea

Kanekalon is good, but you should wash it. Imagine not washing any part of your body for 5 weeks.

Personally, I use Outre Batik bulk hair.