Braiding Intsructions????

HotCoCoGurl130

Ok, I need as much help with this as possible. I have looked on the internet and have not been able to find any instructions on how to braid hair. I am not talking about cornrows or single plaits either. I need the instructions for braid extentions. Maybe I am looking in the wrong place. Does anyone know a website that has instructions on this w/ pics? Or can someone give me instructions from personal experience? Any help that you could give me would be greatly appreciated.

HotCoCoGurl130

Thanx, I already know of this site but I was hoping for some free instructions but I did order the tape just in case. Now all I need is a vcr

Spagirl

Check the "How to's" thread I know there is at least one on extensions or one of the site having to do with braiding goes into extensions.

Edited to add: Oops! url for "How to" above.

HotCoCoGurl130

Ok, I bought a pack of hair and I put one braid in. I guess all those times I helped take my friends braids out really helped. So I will leave it in for two weeks to see if there is any breakage if not then I will put my braids in and have pics available. I am soo excited. I hope this works.

Spagirl

Hope everything goes well for you. Let me know how it goes...if necessary I might find a few extra tips up my sleeve.

asummertyme

hot coco, how did your braiding expierence come out..i wish i could teach you, i have been braiding for years....let me know...

HotCoCoGurl130

I did not get my braiding tape yet but I was experimenting with my test braid and it came out ok. I still do want the tape though so I can learn some conditioning tecniques that I heard are on the tape. I hope this goes well b/c I would love to have braids as a protective style!!

asummertyme

ounce you get the hang of it all it takes is practice from there, if you have the basics, keep practicing....u will be a pro in no time....what was the problem with the braid? was it to loose?

HotCoCoGurl130

It just looked like a person who just starting braiding did it so picture that, lol. I am a perfectionist too so I will not wear my hair any ol way. I want to be so good that ppl ask me who did my hair and when I tell them that I did it they dont believe me. What can I say I am very picky about the "DO".

asummertyme

thats right girl...keep tryin, u will be a pro in no time, and guess what once u get the hang of it, maybe you can braid for a little xtra cash.thats what i did, for a long time...every little bit helps when your a student right...lol...