Braiding Style for APL or longer

Keen

What braiding style would you ladies suggest for someone with APL? I can't use human hair because I can't find hair longer thatn 18 or so inches. I don't want part of my hair to remain unbraid. I don't want any cornrows either. Please give me some suggestions.

TIA Ladies.

LadyD

Why not try regular braids braided all the way down? You can do different styles with them even buns. This is what I do when I am tired of having braids with hair out at the ends.

Keen

LadyD2u said:
Why not try regular braids braided all the way down? You can do different styles with them even buns. This is what I do when I am tired of having braids with hair out at the ends.

That's what I'm thinking. I've been doing the braids with the ends not braided. Thanks for the suggestion.

KiniKakes

Check out my Fokti!!! :) In the album marked Adventures in Natural Styling, i have a few different braid styles that you can try.

In terms of using human hair with APL+ hair, it is possible..... you just have to buy a couple of extra packs of the 18" hair, because they will need to stretch the hair and keep adding pieces to it as they braid down..... heck, those women are creative! They can braid that hair down to your behind if they want! Sometimes they give you a hard time because they dont "feel" like doing it.... but i, for one, know that it is possible! They'll just charge a little extra, thats all.

Keen

KiniKakes said:
Check out my Fokti!!! :) In the album marked Adventures in Natural Styling, i have a few different braid styles that you can try.

In terms of using human hair with APL+ hair, it is possible..... you just have to buy a couple of extra packs of the 18" hair, because they will need to stretch the hair and keep adding pieces to it as they braid down..... heck, those women are creative! They can braid that hair down to your behind if they want! Sometimes they give you a hard time because they dont "feel" like doing it.... but i, for one, know that it is possible! They'll just charge a little extra, thats all.

I love that wet and wavy style. My sister use to stretch hair when she did my braids. I'm doing these braids myself so I can be too fancy... Maybe I'll call around to see if I can get someone to do them for me.

I always enjoy going through your album. Your hair is gorgeous.

amwcah

I just braided my own hair in box braids. Even with APL, you don't have to braid it to the ends. I didn't. I used 100% Kanekalon hair. First, I cut the hair in half from the point in which it is attached to the cardboard. Second, I took a piece from the pile to make one braid. Third, stretched the hair by pulling from both ends so the hair would be longer and so the ends would not unravel. Fourth, I sprayed the hair with braid spray and braided my hair. Kanekalon hair is great because you can make it wavy by braiding a few braids together and dipping them in hot water. Then towel dry. Repeat this process, when you finish you will have wave/crinkled ends. Or, you can roll the ends and dip for curls. Alternately, you can burn the ends, but I don't like burning the ends because they stick to your clothes and get fuzz balls on the ends of your braids. Your options are really endless. I don't know if you can cornrow, but there are numerous up dos you can achieve with cornrows. Search the net or pick up a hair book for more ideas. Oh, you could also achieve a style similar to KiniKakes(I love this style KK!;) ) by cornrowing the front and back, but sew in wavy hair(since you like this) to the back so your own hair will be protected. Okay I'm done :D