braiding videos: do they really help?

PittGirl06

Hair product junkie reloaded!
I was thinking about buying one of those braiding videos. I have absolutely NO idea how to braid AT ALL. Are these videos good for complete newbies like myself?

Also, are they better at teaching you how to braid someone else's hair or how to do your OWN hair.

Also, are there any videos that teach how to do other natural styles yourself? Like twists and stuff like that?

Lastly, any particular videos you care to reccomend? Of course by "video" I really mean DVD cuz I don't have a vcr!! :grin:

OnPoint

I brought the hair braiding video from robin woods the hair lady. I learned how to do individual box braids. I can do it on myself and on my friends hair. I would recommend that you get a video.

THT

L

LaNecia

I purchased the Braids by Breslin (4 Hairstyles in One and Cornrow Compilation) videos. I found these to be very helpful to me in doing my own hair.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
I bought the Braids by Breslin DVD and it was very helpful. It has 4 styles on one dvd. She repeats the process over and over again and shows you how to do full styles. I am very pleased with my purchase of this braid dvd.

amazin9

I too bought Braids by Breslin and it was extremely helpful. I have cornrows with a bun in the back right now! I learned it from this DVD. This was money well spent!:woot:

caligirl2385

OnPoint said:
I brought the hair braiding video from robin woods the hair lady. I learned how to do individual box braids. I can do it on myself and on my friends hair. I would recommend that you get a video.

THT

i learned how to plait w/ extensions from her video too.

mahoganee

I just recently got braids by breslin but haven't watched yet. I used to cornrow my hair and my sisters' hair as a kid so I'm hoping that I'll be able to learn from the dvds.
Here's a couple of pictures of box braids.

hottopic

BUY BUY BUY....I could not braid to save my life, before buying a braiding video.....it helped sooooooo much. You have to buy with the right mind set...."why pay someone to do it, when you can do it yourself"....it is a great investment.

MrsBKJ

Hey I was thinking of buying this dvd too. Can anybody let me know what the four styles shown are? box braids, cornrows and what else? Im not big in to using extensions so will it still be helpful in braiding my natural hair?
thanks in advance

uzz

Belle Du Jour

I have the Hair Lady's video. But I'm intrigued by the Breslin video since I want to learn how to cornrow. Which is better?

Last edited:

Healthb4Length

amazin9 said:
I too bought Braids by Breslin and it was extremely helpful. I have cornrows with a bun in the back right now! I learned it from this DVD. This was money well spent!:woot:

I totally agree this is an excellent training video especially beginners!

LondonDiva

dontspeakdefeat said:
I bought the Braids by Breslin DVD and it was very helpful. It has 4 styles on one dvd. She repeats the process over and over again and shows you how to do full styles. I am very pleased with my purchase of this braid dvd.

co-signing

asummertyme

is it worth the money if you alreay know how to braid..i would like to learn how to cornrow with out the knot...is it worth buying it just for that purpose?