BRAIDS STYLE-what do yall think?

guudhair

Do yall think this size and style is okay for little/no stress on my edges?...or should the braids be bigger?...I want to get braids but don't want micros so I'm looking for alternate braid styles that will not cause breakage on my hairline...I know it depends greatly on the braider also and will let her know not to braid tight.

I want the back like the second pic.

Attachments

• cornrow-styles.jpg
    cornrow-styles.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 38
  • imagesCAT5YKG7.jpg
    imagesCAT5YKG7.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:

Evallusion

LiloLombardi
I had this EXACT same style done recently. IDENTICAL. I took it out after a week because it was killing my edges...my edges were pulling so hard I got "tight bumps" and my some strands were coming out with the bulb attached. Luckily, no real damage was done.

But this is just my experience. Hopefully, you will have a braider who is more gentle with your hair.

Ironically enough, I got box braids (which are pretty much micros but with synthetic hair) done and my edges were just fine. It didn't hurt or damage my hair at all.

Your Cheeziness

I always thought cornrows were the worst on the edges. I'd say individuals and stress to them not to braid your edges tight, or do the edges yourself.

LovinLea

I was told by a braider to never let them start the braid with a knot, like in the above pictures. They should always start off with your own hair, called feed-in cornrows.