Braids

MuseofTroy

Hey everyone. I've been a silent reader for about two months now. I just wanted to say the advice on here is priceless. Recently I just got braids in.
(13 hours worth!) I was wondering what products do you guys use in order to keep hair moisturize and promote new growth? My personal goal it to grow my hair about five more inches. Right now it's approxametly 1 1/2 inches from my bra strap. I feel extremely blessed to have thick healthy hair because for a long time I didn't take good care of it. Since finding this forum I've take take time out of my day just for my hair. My regular routine includes Creme of Nature shampoo/conditioner, Lekair conditioner along with ORS mayo,I've also purchased WGO along with ORS jojoba oil, and I use Infusium 23 leave on conditioner. The other day I purchased Hairobics braid sheen and leave on conditioner.
It smells so great! Anyway any other recommendations for haircare while in braids? Thanks a lot! <font color="pink"> </font> <font color="black"> </font>

BabyCurls

Indy Girl Growing Strong
<font color="purple">Moisturize your braids daily, and make sure your ends gets moisturized as well. A bit of oil on the ends while they are damp would help. To make a braid shampoo, mix 1 c. (8 oz.) distilled water, and 2 TBS Creme of Nature shampoo in a spray bottle. Apply to braids while in the shower, and squeeze braids to form lather, never manipulate the hair or scalp. Rinse and repeat process. Towel squeeze your braids. You can use a leave-in conditioner to condition your braids after shampooing. When product buildup is the issue, take some Sea Breeze astringent, and apply it to the scalp with a cotton ball to disinfect and refresh the area. Taking good care of your braids will result in less detangling, when removing them from your hair, and will aid in growing your hair. Just make sure you don't leave them in for a long period of time, or hair breakage will be a problem. One more thing to remember, sleep in a silk or satin bonnet, or put a satin pillowcase over your existing pillow, if you have a cotton pillowcase. Hope this helps you a lot. Toodles. </font>