Leave-In Conditioners for Braids?

girlcitizen

Hello everyone! I'm new, although I've been lurking around here for about 2 months...I guess I've just been too lazy to introduce myself.

Anyway, I have a question. Currently my hair is in individual braids with extensions (not micros though) and I rub in All Ways Instant Oil Moisturizer Leave-in Conditioner each day. Is anyone familiar with this product? Since I use it with braids I can't really tell if it is a good product or not with my hair but I chose it because I liked the ingredients. So does anyone know if this is a good leave-in conditioner? If not, do you suggest one for braids? Please, not Infusium 23. I used it before and hated it! Thanks guys!

oglorious1

Mixologist
I use Surge Revitalizer Spray and Wojee cream(mixed with Wild Growth Oil and Salerm 21) I used it last night and wrapped my hair in a silk scarf and my hair came out soooooo NICE, I didn't even have to do my normal morning Surge spritz....Hope this helps

bettydavis

I do, I use Garnier Fructis because of it's thin consistancy, I put it along where my real hair ends, but I avoid the root area to avoid build up.

blackdiamond

What about the new hair growth and your scalp? How often do you oil during the course of a week?? And how often do you wash the braids??

Laginappe

I'm using Pantene Light Spray Conditioner, Grandma's Secret Recipe Braid & Extension spray (I used this before I had braids strictly based on the ingredients - I think its my favorite lightweight conditioning spray) and Surge.

Here's a link to a post on the Grandma's Secret Spray from a couple months back: Grandma's Secret Recipe Thread

I also use jojoba oil and sometimes go over the top layer of my braids with a little of the Neutrogena Triple Moisture serum for shine.

I'm into my second week with these braids and so far everything's great. My braids are very soft and silky - which tells me that my hair is doing ok.

Laginappe

[ QUOTE ]
blackdiamond said:
I don't want to break up the chain, but can you condition your hair while you have braids??

[/ QUOTE ]

I do. My plan is to shampoo once a week, and I condition wash every 3 days or so. I'm trying to figure out if I want to try a deep condition somewhere down the line. For me, I think the key to preventing buildup is to rinse, rinse and rinse some more. I think that the buildup comes from too much conditioner and other products being left in the braids.

At least I think so...*shrug*

girlcitizen

yeah, i use All Ways mixed half with water to make it a thin consistency. leave-in conditioner is good for your hair while it's in braids. your ends still need to stay moisturized and healthy. and no, i don't apply it to my scalp, just over the braids. i use a braid oil sheen for my scalp sometimes and shampoo once a week.

cocoa2122

I deep conditioned every week under the dryer with my braids. For a leave in, V05 makes a good leave in called Detangle and Shine. It worked really good for softening the braids, and it's also good for moisture while taking the braids down.