Breakage All Through Out My Hair!

janeemat

Yes! I did a thorough examination of my hair and there is all different lengths.:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash: I don't know exactly when this happened but I knew somthing was going on several months back. It's like I just lost my thickness. I honestly believe it's from all of the stretching. I'm thinking the breakage is at points of demarcation with each stretch. As I said last night in the post about weekly rollersetting, the breakage is occurring while I'm detangling and combing to rollerset. I'm just going into a nurture mode now with extra moisturizing, prepooing, protein treatments and oils. I'm only going to rollerset on Sat. On Wed I will deep cond and just do one braid and keep it that way until Sat. On the surface, the average person would look at my hair and say it's fine but I know better. It's just heart breaking to have done all of this work and then discover breakage. Have any of you ladies experienced this?

Last edited:

guudhair

Same here and I think mine is because of stretching too long also...for now on I'm only gonna do 12-week stretches

Babychoc

I have the same problem and I'm very unhappy about it :( If someone looked at my hair from outside they'd think it was fine, but it's not. I have several lengths and I HATE IT!!! I do believe that its from weekly heat use from my flat iron and from daily combing. I think that I may have to go back to condition washes a couple of times a week, and then maybe blowdry a little.

Shun34

I have the same problem. My hair is natural. My breakage occurs near the root. I'm going to do an Aphogee 2-minute reconstructor soon. I'm too chicken to do the 2-step. I hope it helps. I don't manipulate my hair often, and I've stopped combing and brushing it. I only use my fingers. I wear loose buns and twists in updos 100% of the time. I'm giving my hair until the end of May to get better. If it doesn't, I'm going back to a TWA to start over again. My hair is apl now.