BREAKAGE: LOOK AT THIS

Afrolinda

A black woman from the Netherlands who is a stylist ( Rosita Rijkland ) showed this picture during her presentation, to prove that there is a lack of knowledge among black women on how to treat relaxed hair. This is a picture of one of her clients:

This client braided her hair for five years and then decided to relax it, but the stylist she went to left the product too long on her head and she could only see the damage after two weeks, her hair began falling until it became bald spots, so she went to Rosita to help her.

Last edited:

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Oh my goodness!!! I almost felt like I do when I see some kind of body injury. This, of course, is the nightmare of everyone on this board.

tryingto

:shocked::shocked::shocked: oh my god!!!!!!!!!!!!.:nono::look:this is a sad realty, and a perfect example of what happens with a lack of knowlege, also makes you wanna consider transitioning to natural,:ohwell:

Sistaslick

Oh my word, that is absolutely horrendous. I'd be getting my lawsuit together right now. :nono: A whole section is just . . . . gone . . . wiped out . . .:nono:

I hope Rosita can help her get her hair back on track. :ohwell:

Afrolinda

yeah - I think I'd be consulting an attorney right now. That is terrible.

Rosita said the client didn't consult an attorney and didn't even confront the stylist because she was scarred and a lot of people in Europe don't do it ( said Rosita ).

mscocoface

Isn't this the second woman from the Netherlands that had this issue?

There is a woman who has no hair and very bad burns because she put a relaxer on her head from a do it yourself kit that had no neutralizing shampoo.

Afrolinda

Isn't this the second woman from the Netherlands that had this issue?

There is a woman who has no hair and very bad burns because she put a relaxer on her head from a do it yourself kit that had no neutralizing shampoo.

Yes, you are totally right. This one was the first one:

This is Isabella: she used to be a model and after she burned her head due to a relaxer her hair will never grow back again.

HoneyDew

I thought the lady in that pic did it herself. :look:

Anyway, it looks like it has grown back in some sections.

Afrolinda

Ok so this was a few years ago and now ISABELLA IS BACK:

She has her own business now, she sells hair extensions ( 750 euro ) to help bald people. ( I think this is expensive ). Her hair never grew back and now she wears wigs and lacefronts. She looks good.

HoneyDew

I feel bad for her. I would not want to have to depend on wigs for life. :perplexed

At least she has this option though. Life is too short not to move on.

Last edited:

fluffylocks

This is Isabella: she used to be a model and after she burned her head due to a relaxer her hair will never grow back again.

OMG

So, she didnt rinse it out? It would seem like if she just rinsed it all out with water and a reg. shampoo the results wouldnt be that bad

Did she not know that a nuetrilizing shampoo was needed or what the purpose was?

Did she win a lawsuit?

I wonder that the brand was....

Thats crazy though, i always set my stuff up before i start, i wonder how that happened or if she had any stores close to her ( 5 min. or less) where she could run and hurry up and buy another kit or something and use that neturlizier while she had condioner in her hair

Lady Esquire

OH MY! I hope she was able to get together a new regimen to regrow it. And I hope someone beat that stylist down. Or at least revoked her license.

BlackPearl1

OMG this is horrible I'm happy she move on and is doing better. A hairdresser doing this to me, is my worst fear:perplexed:perplexed. I want to learn how to do my own touch-up but after seeing this pic I will hold off on that, what is a girl to do :nono:.

Oh my word, that is absolutely horrendous. I'd be getting my lawsuit together right now. :nono: A whole section is just . . . . gone . . . wiped out . . .:nono:

I hope Rosita can help her get her hair back on track. :ohwell:
Yeah, what she said. I am soo speechless right now. :perplexed:nono::nono::nono: as I shake my head and exit.

Amour

this is so sad, especially for Isabella, it brings shivers down my spine. Its scary to actually see what a relaxer could potentiallydo to your hair.

Ladies, make sure you / your stylist are neutralising properly

Candy_C

oh for gods sake, how long are these ladies leaving relaxers on their heads?

thats just rediculous

i would have ran to the toilet to wash that off long time! or the sink

i think the people in the chair should know when something is not right too !